CZ Firearm Forum > CZ Forums > CZ Rifles > CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
Hutehund

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

I came across this carbine on the internet, and I think it will be my next rifle. It should be a great companion carbine to my Arsenal SGL-21 AK variant. My daughter can use it for PA whitetails, and ammo will never be in short supply.

I would really appreciate any information from current owners of the 527 Carbine about accuracy, fit and finish, purchase price, and overall satisfaction with the rifle. Thanks!

Old 01-28-2014, 11:54 AM   #2
undeRGRound
...all metal guns ROCK!..

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

pics!!!

We could also use the "this thread is useless w/o PICS! smileys

Old 01-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #3
undeRGRound
...all metal guns ROCK!..

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Here's one for ya
Attached Images

People Like This 
Old 01-28-2014, 07:05 PM   #4
DeaconKC

Liked 36 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Those just seem like such great little carbines.

Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #5
VZ58Kid

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Great rifle,bought 1 in the late 90's and always loved it,got 1 to 1 1/2 inch groups at 100 yards using milsurp ammo,then started using some Chinese surp and got Duds on average of 1 in 3 shots, thought I had got bad ammo but found out later that the firings pins in the early ones came with a weak firing pin spring and that is why it had trouble with certain types ammo that had very hard primers!
Hutehund Likes This 
Old 01-28-2014, 08:07 PM   #6
CharlieW

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default cz527 Carbine

I have one of these little rifles, and I am thoroughly happy with it. I particularly like the compact size -- I think it will make a good brush gun.

I bought this at the friendly LGS/pawn at the height of the ammo shortage. The one round that was consistently available was 7.62x39, and when I saw the CZ up on the wall, it just clicked for me. One of my friends has the same rifle in .223, and I knew he was very impressed with it.

The fit and finish of the rifle is very good. The walnut stock is very nice wood and the gun holds and points well for me. I still have the iron sights mounted, and accuracy is good. I am looking forward to taking it hog and deer hunting.
Hutehund Likes This 
Old 01-28-2014, 09:09 PM   #7
eseaton

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

As others have stated, you would find this to be a well made rifle. The iron sights are exceptional and the cartridge and carbine would surely become a favorite as it has for me. One thing I experienced was the bolt seemed to be a snug fit when closing with a non-brass round which might make one think it was the cartridge but experience has shown that condition remedied with the chambering if a hundred or so rounds. I lucked into a deal and got mine in new condition for $525.
Hutehund Likes This 
Old 01-29-2014, 03:55 AM   #8
dead meat

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 8

One of these rifles is also on my wish list. Some reports i have read suggested that pulling bullets on milsup ammo and evening out the powder loads improved accuracy. I haven't tried this yet with my sks.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:03 AM   #9
jkpq45
I am the walrus.

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VZ58Kid View Post
...certain types ammo that had very hard primers!
I think I've run into this on some milsurp ammunition that was originally intended for dual use (select fire or infantry firearms). They made the primers harder to stand up to fully automatic bolts whacking them around; prevents firing out of battery.

Glad you got your spring problem resolved. I hear Wolff makes good replacement springs for lots of different makes; never tried one myself.

Old 01-29-2014, 07:52 AM   #10
wiredgeorge

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I think on the CZ website it says the 7.62x39 steel is a favored load for the 527... it was designed to eat those things. With the price of .223 still being a bit on the high side, the 527 is one of the few bolt action options for the 7.62 load. Just wish CZ would sell a standard length barrel version and not just the carbine. A 22 inch barrel would make the rifle a must have...