95 transitional progress

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by John1125, Sep 26, 2017.

1. John1125

John1125 New Member

Here are some pics of how this one is coming along .

I decided that the gun had some potential when I mounted a red dot.

[​IMG]

Tried a little one handed bulls eye shooting , I felt Good about it.

[​IMG]

So I thought maybe this one would deserve a new barrel and to be touched up a bit :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This was my first ten rounds down the new barrel:
    [​IMG]

Here's another target , got the elusive 100 at 15 yds . I know its not the correct target but hey it made my day!
    [​IMG]

So I am polishing things up and working toward a final finish:
    [​IMG]

Got an excellent fit on the new barrel , it just stays locked up with just the slightest pressure to unlock , I would call it a semi hard fit :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sharpening up the cocking serrations with a 60*pointing file :
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Been having a blast with this platform, the metal seem like good stuff on the CZ :D
    [​IMG]

I'll post some more pics and list a few more of the particulars later ,
    Thanks for looking ,

Kirk

2. Scarlett_Pistol

Scarlett_Pistol New Member

Dang that is looking good! Very nice work on the new barrel. I've been slowly working a mod on my SP-01 that has kept me Pre occupied from my pre-b. This gets me all excited to get to work on it again!

3. SPO1SHADOW

SPO1SHADOW Member

Excellent looking work! Nothing is more satisfying than making a pistol personal and having it work better than before. Looking forward to the updates.

4. rich63

rich63 New Member

Very nice looking gun. Love that polished look on the barrel. Excellent shooting. Looking forward to future posts.

rich63

5. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

Nice work, can't wait to see more!

6. Goju

Goju New Member

That is some great looking work! Are there limitations or special considerations to be aware of when using the SA style trigger?

7. John1125

John1125 New Member

One more range session just to make sure everything is OK , I guess it is !!

[​IMG]

8. John1125

John1125 New Member

Started working on the finish this weekend, somewhere around 400 grit and a little carding by hand with a fine brush, rust blue on the agenda[​IMG]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

9. SPO1SHADOW

SPO1SHADOW Member

Its hard to beat the looks and the longevity of slow rust bluing. It's hard work but worth every minute.

10. John1125

John1125 New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [i[​IMG]mg]https://i.imgur.com/oVqfeowh.jpg?1[/img]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thought I would share some pics of the rust bluing that I am attempting . The carded pics are at 6 cycles , I am currently at 10 and it is darkening up really well and rusting less each time .

Kirk

11. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

Wow, still rusting after 10 cardings? Looking very nice though!
    It's interesting how different each gun reacts to the process. I'm bluing a rifle this weekend, it's quite an adventure compared to pistols.

12. John1125

John1125 New Member

I believe with Shadow's help that I started with too fine a finish, therefore it's taking a while for everything to even up.

I carded this afternoon, and went ahead with # 11 solution coat and into the sweat box, it's almost done- very little red this time, dark chocolate color before and after boiling.

Kirk

13. John1125

John1125 New Member

I should say that Shadow helped me to see that I got things too fine- reread my post, thought I needed to add that

14. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

I understood, he's coached me quite a bit on rust bluing, among other things gun related. When I blued my first pistol, it was hard to make myself stop with 320/400 grit. Mine usually stop rusting after 3 or 4 cardings. Never know though, each gun is a little different.

15. John1125

John1125 New Member

Here are some final photos , not perfect but I am pleased none the less .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking ,
    Kirk

16. rich63

rich63 New Member

The gun looks great. Nice job.

rich63

17. SPO1SHADOW

SPO1SHADOW Member

That is really nice! 100% better than the original and that soft luster of the rust blue. I think it looks most excellent! Now you have a keeper that is worth twice the original sale price. Great job and very good pictures. What more could you ask for. Simply outstanding all the way around. I especially like the bright pin highlights.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  18. Goju

Goju New Member

That is some beautiful work! When I get the wherewithal to give that a go, I would be very proud to have that as a result.