Active Hearing Protection - Looking

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Bidah, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Bidah

Bidah New Member

Ok, I am looking for thoughts and opinions/anecdotes on the active electronic hearing protection. They have to be a minimum of 25dB. I shoot action sports (3 Gun, USPSA) and High Power, so I would like them to work for all three. I already have hearing issues (hereditary), although my work helped it along. If I am wearing my normal passive stuff (mostly plugs), I cannot hear when we are scoring, so I am constantly taking on/off whatever I am using.

What ever I do decide to get, I will need 3 of them :D That is what you get when you have your kids involved with you.. 3x the expenses. My wife has deemed that if I need them, so do they. :D

Thanks.

2. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014

3. dead meat

dead meat New Member

I have a set of Champion muffs, haven't had a chance to try them out shooting but find them a little awkward to put on compared to my old styl. This set is rated at 25db and use 4 AAA batteries. No idea what they cost as i got them as a gift.

4. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Supporting Member Supporter

I have a couple of muffs. One is marked "Silencio" and the other is ? brand. Both were gifts, so don't know the value. They are old, very old.

5. DeaconKC

DeaconKC Member

Caldwell electronic muffs are not in the same category of Leight, but they are inexpensive and work well.

6. Liberty

Liberty Half baked

I like the Champions: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E8PPM0

My wife also likes them because they come in pink: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001SH7VXS

Although they are inexpensive at ~$30, they have worked very well for me. I usually double up on passive inside of active, but these have worked fantastic for me. I shoot a variety of calibers, some fairly large, and have not had issues with these muffs. I've got hearing damage so I'm pretty sensitive to what I actually DO hear, and these are not uncomfortable at all, and adjustable volume.