BRNO to CZ

Discussion in 'CZ Rifles' started by dead meat, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dead meat

dead meat New Member

Anybody here have any BRNO firearms which were the forerunners of the CZ operation? I have one old #1 22 rimfire but wouldn't hesitate to pick up others if the price is right.

2. FALPhil

FALPhil Crusty curmudgeon

Yep. I have a ZKK602 that originally came from the factory in 300WM. I am in the process of overhauling it and upgrading it to 338 Edge.

3. Windy

Windy Moderator Supporter

How old a firearm are you all talking? When were the BRNO's in production?

4. dead meat

dead meat New Member

I believe BRNO came into being about 1918, i'm not sure what year it was renamed CZ. The BRNO i have was made in 1950, a lot were made for training rifles before WW2.

5. Ajole

Ajole New Member

I have two, a vz 24 Mauser from '36, actually a CZ made in the BRNO factory, and a 451ZOM straight pull .22LR, about the last model gun made before they went fully CZ, I think.

I'd buy any BRNO I saw, if the price were normal or less.

Here's the crest off the vz24

[​IMG]

6. dead meat

dead meat New Member

The vz24 are a well built rifle, i have an action sitting waiting for an inspiration. I haven't had the chance to handle the 451ZOM though.

7. Ajole

Ajole New Member

From what I read, the 451 was a hit or miss gun, as they finished up the BRNO era, some of them seem to be just slapped together from parts to be pushed out the door, and don't run well, or aren't very accurate.

Mine is dead nuts accurate, and runs fine.

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh New Member

1945 Brunn(brno)

[​IMG]

2bytandem likes this.
  9. SurfGent

SurfGent New Member

That's a beautiful rifle