CZ 75 pcr with safety

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by Molonlabe1776, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Molonlabe1776

Molonlabe1776 New Member

I recently aquired a CZ 75 pcr with a manual safety. I can't seem to find any info on it so I'm wondering if anyone can inform me about this model

2. cntrydawwwg

cntrydawwwg New Member

Welcome aboard.

Nice find. How about some pics? What’s the date on it? I’m assuming it has an alloy frame? Need more info.

If so, what little I’ve heard (IIRC), about them is that they were some sort of contract run for another country, and then they come in as surplus pistols to the US.
    They’re considered a type of unicorn. Every now and then a weird configuration does come in that was never mass produced.

CZ Custom may have had some called the Compact L, but I think those had a rail.

I tried doing a quick search online, but couldn’t find anything other than what I wrote above.

3. Molonlabe1776

Molonlabe1776 New Member

I do have pics but for some reason it won't let me upload them. But it's stamped c.i.a so it's a century import but ill have to check the date later. It's definitely an aluminum frame model tho for sure. I got it in a trade and from what the guy told me it was a rare improrted model from isreal and I believe that might be the cause considering the manual safety. Thanks btw for the info. I've scoured the internet for info and found very little I also contacted CZ thinking maybe they could give me some history but we will see

4. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

It's similar to a PCR. Aside from the manual safety, they came with a compact slide(IIRC) as opposed to the full railed ones that come on the PCR and P-01. I almost bought one when they were on Gunbroker but ended up passing. Part of the appeal is the standard rear sight instead of the funky dovetail that comes on the PCR. Neat gun for sure and I seriously doubt we'll see anymore of them.

5. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

6. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

Easy CZ, the gun he's referring to has an aluminum alloy frame like the PCR(same dust cover), but has a safety and the slide appears to be that of a STD 75 compact. They were sold on GunBroker by DLSUPPLIES.

7. Molonlabe1776

Molonlabe1776 New Member

Still no luck with any information on the pcr. I'm wondering if I should keep it and possibly refinish it or trade it for a sp01 phantom or sp01 tactical. I'd hate to find that it's a very real model I'd definitely regret it

8. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

If you're interested in selling, let me know.

9. Molonlabe1776

Molonlabe1776 New Member

I just posted it on the outdoors trader

10. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

Price is a bit optimistic, good luck though.