Show us your AR's and such

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by dutchs, Apr 10, 2014.

1. dutchs

dutchs New Member

My M&P15...modified and the RRA LAR8 Operator Elite...new purchase!!

0405132029.jpg

photo 1 (23).jpg

photo 1 (24).jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Supporting Member Supporter

Oh yeah! Nothing like those evil black rifles. Very nice dutchs.

A few of the guns from the "Dark Side."

Old '77 vintage Colt SP1 AR-15. lousy pic, sorry.

[​IMG]

DPMS/Panther Arms AR-15 carbine

[​IMG]

Chinese SKS in "Drag." Dragunov folder, another lousy pic.

[​IMG]

H&K 91 clone, G3 kit on a Century receiver. Fed Arms

[​IMG]

Hi Point 995TS in 9mm

[​IMG]

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporter

This one here is my pride and joy...an Olympic Arms CAR-97, bought during the height of the Clinton Assault Weapon Ban in the late 90's. She is chambered for the 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge...does not have a bayonet lug and originally had a pinned M4 stock as that was two of the AWB provisions at that time. I have since replaced that pinned with a six position adjustable stock, making it a handy carbine in tight spaces as well as a tack driver out to a few hundred yards.

[​IMG]

Olympic Arms is one of the few AR15 manufacturers to make every major component part in-house. They have been found to constantly meet the rigid specifications of military, government and law enforcement agency contracts. Olympic Arms has provided firearms for Law Enforcement and Government agencies around the globe, including every branch of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Olympic was also the first to introduce features now seen as commonplace on the AR15 platform. It was the first company to produce flat-top upper receivers, free floating aluminum hand guards, pistol caliber conversions, and AR-15 based pistols. They also manufactures many AR-15s in calibers other than the standard 5.56x45mm. Olympic was the first in the industry to offer AR15 style firearms in 9mm and .45ACP, 10mm, 7.62x39mm, and the Winchester Super Short Magnum cartridges.

SPECS

1:9 twist rate
    16" 416 Black Oxide Stainless Steel heavy barrel w/muzzle break
    A2 forged upper/lower receiver
    Pachmayr grips
    (shown w/ red dot sight)

[​IMG]

200 yards...using Hornady 5.56 NATO 55gr GMX Superformance (HEAD)
    200 yards...using Hornady .223 REM 55gr TAP FPD (CENTER MASS)

Shot bench rested over a Caldwell Bag...utilizing my Winchester Spotting Scope 15-45X60mm

[​IMG]

4. Windy

Windy Moderator Supporter

I so badly want a AR. I'm thinking of asking a friend to build one for me.

5. Pancho_Villa

A mid 80s vintage Chinese NORINCO SKS with cruciform spike bayo locked. These were just 69 bucks when I got it, unissured in the box. Well they were really for commercial import to the U.S. The "crated" or issued ones were just 59 bucks and only had a few dings. It is semi-auto, holds 10 rounds in a non-detachable box mag. Utterly reliable, chorme lined bore that is resistant to corrosion from weather and corrosive ammo. Know a few ranchers around here that gave up their .30-30 lever rifles in favor of SkSs.

[​IMG]

6. Windy

Windy Moderator Supporter

I had the absolute pleasure to shoot one of these. Exactly like that.........spike bayonet and all. What a fun gun to shoot and incredibly accurate. Lucky you. I'd love to have one of those.

7. Pancho_Villa

Hey Windy,

Yep, the SKS is a fun gun to shoot. Plenty of accuracy and power, similalar to a .30-30 inballistics. Alot of the recoil is absorbed by the recoil spring and bolt carrier assembly. You would probably like an AK-47 even better. It fires the same 7,.62X39 Commie round as the SKS. It is shorter and very low recoil. The ammo is usually much cheaper than the AR-15 stuff. And the AK has 30 round detachable mags.

Here is another Chinese NORINCO SKS in "Drag." The gun is set up to look like a Dragunov sniper rifle in a folding stock, scope, and detachable 30 round mag added. The mags are flimsy and work well as long as you leave them in the gun and load them throughthe top of the gun like the original 10 round mags. I let my kids and relatives shoot this one instead of my old original SKS or my Aks. They can play Rambo with it all they want and won't hurt it.

[​IMG]

And one of my old NORINCO AK-47s. Great for short people like me. Buttstock is short.

[​IMG]