Smith & Wessons thread, Post your pics!

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Pancho_Villa, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Supporting Member Supporter

For all ya S&W lovers. I know there has to be some out there.

My old 629 in .44 mag. Killed a deer with it. Well, back when I could see. Now I can't even find the sights on it.

[​IMG]

A model 60, J frame in .38 spl.

[​IMG]

A couple of K frames. Top is a Model 10-5 in .38 spl. Mid 80s vintage. Bottom is a Model 1905 Hand Ejector, 3rd change in .38 spl. From it's serial number, it's estimated bithdate is @ 1910. Production for the 3rd change models ran from @ 1909-1915. It has the old 5 screw frame, high hammer spur and long smooooooth action done away on the later ones. Shoots like the newer one.

[​IMG]

And what I call my "Po' man's Glock 22." A SW40VE. The lowly Sigma .40 cal. I always have this thing loaded. It is boringly reliable and fairly accurate.

[​IMG]

O.k. post some S&Ws.

2. phideaux

phideaux Supporting Member Supporter

At this time, the only S&Ws in my possession.

M&P 15-22 MOE, and
    a S&W 21A,

[​IMG]

Jim

3. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

My no-dash Model 38

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My wife's M&P Shield

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  4. phideaux

phideaux Supporting Member Supporter

Nice photograhy Easy,

Jim

5. Easy CZ

6. DeaconKC

DeaconKC Member

Okay, first up 1915 P-08 Luger, a parts gun Mauser C-96, a 1922 M&P in .38 Special and a 1917 built 1917
    [​IMG]
    a 1906 M&P in .38 Special
    [​IMG]
    another view of the 1922 finished on the rebuild
    [​IMG]
    a 4" Model 28 Highway patrolman I wish i still had
    [​IMG]
    The 28 again and a nickel Model 19
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    a 97% 6" [not 6 1/2] Model 29 that I had for trade bait, got a Tommy gun for it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My ugly mug with a third model .44 Special, it was in the first shipment of blued guns to Wolf and Klar!
    [​IMG]

7. Pancho_Villa

Nice pistola Easy. Been looking for another Mod 38 for a while. Had a real beater that a cop use to carry in an ankle holster. Very finish worn, but it worked o.k. That one is mice.

DeaconKC,

Wish I had my dad's old Mod 28. Cut my teeth on that one. Well, actually cut my teeth on an old lead cutting Police Postive .38 he had in the 50s. The Mod 28 came later. He hardly ever used a gun on duty and really didn't like the weight of the 28, but it was deadly accurate. The department he worked for did not give it to him when he retired. Instead they gave him a Colt Trooper in .22 LR. The old gun sat in a vault for years and I tried several times to buy it from the city or swap a new auto pistol for it. They never would do it. It finally got traded in for new autos.

Everyone has nice pics. Think I need a new camera.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  8. Easy CZ

Thanks, Pancho. I picked her up used with the original box for less than $400. The photo with the box was taken the night I picked her up.

9. Smoke14

Smoke14 New Member

S&W 908
    [​IMG]

S&W Model 10

[​IMG]

S&W 5906

[​IMG]

S&W 5906

[​IMG]

S&W 915

[​IMG]

S&W 469

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  10. Pancho_Villa

Like the autos, really nice. The old pencil barel 6" mod.10s are just kick azz neat.

11. Smoke14

Smoke14 New Member

All the autos I bought online, used. I completely disassemble them and polish all surfaces that contact another part. The 5906s' shoot like a dream. The .38 special was handed down from my stepfather. It's over 50 years old.

Forgot this one:

[​IMG]

Prefer it to the Glock23 i used to own.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
  12. Pancho_Villa

My gunshow buddy got an SD off a friend of the wife at Xmas. She had bought it for the husband and decided not to give it to him after he filed for divorce. It's a 9. I have the SW40VE. I like it. Just got a G23, but haven't fired it much.

13. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh New Member

Classic 19-4 and I have the original Bianci duty holster.
    [​IMG]

14. Pancho_Villa

Oh yeah, the 19s kick azz. Had several. Wish I still had one, beet looking. Saw a 66 that a guy was carrying around at a gunshow a couple of weeks ago. He wanted 5 bills for it. I made an offer of 4 bills on it. No box or original grips, 4" barrel. He walked it around all day. Only came down to 475. Don't think he ever sold it. I would have been great.

15. Ajole

Ajole New Member

I have a total of three S&W pistols. All the 22a! All bought used, none over $200.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

First time on the gun...two shots adjusted sights...8 more. 10 yards, unsupported. I love this gun.:eek:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  16. DeaconKC

DeaconKC Member

Those 22As have great barrels and sights. I love mine

17. Pancho_Villa

Nice pistolas Ajole. Been wanting a 22a for a while. Have several Ruger MKIIs that I got used kinda cheap. Haven't had a 22a turn up yet.

18. DeaconKC

DeaconKC Member

One of the best things about my 22A is it will run on anything. The little joker eats like a starving teenager!

19. Pancho_Villa

My MKIIs are picky about ammo. Have wanted a Ruger SR22 also, but one hasn't turned up cheap either. Everyone that has one says they are not as picky about ammo as the MKIIs.

20. dutchs

dutchs New Member

THE GOVERNOR...TRR8..S&W 460 XVR and the M&P15 modified..I'm a big S&W fan!!

Attached Files: