Three SHTF CZs

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by Easy CZ, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

This is a fairly common topic - three guns you'd like to have when it all goes south, if money and federal laws were no object.

But, this list is limited to CZs.

Which three CZ firearms would you most like to own for the Zombie Apocalypse?

My list:

[​IMG]
    CZ 612 HC-P

[​IMG] CZ Skorpion EVO3 A1

[​IMG]
    CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. bubba2001

bubba2001 New Member

looks like you would be prepared for anything with that line up

3. Easy CZ

Yup. A good supply of 9 and 12 ga, and I'd be G2G. ;)

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Hmmmm, I'd also take the Skorpion, a CZ pistol, (not sure which one), and that CZ tactical rifle. Is it the 750? Can't remember the exact name…..

5. Easy CZ

Yeah, the 750 is a .308 sniper rifle with thumb hole stock. It's bada$$.:)

6. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

OK, yeah, that's the one. agreed, bada$$. And the pistol; 75B SA 9mm.

7. Easy CZ

75B SA! Nice. I'd love to feel the action on one of those single action CZ pistolas.

8. dead meat

dead meat New Member

Ah yes the old SHTF question. Your three choices are good, i would include one longer range firearm likely a 223. Then you require a third type of ammo. So many options, hopefully we don't get to find out who is right.:D

9. FALPhil

FALPhil Crusty curmudgeon

Or the Vz-58. It can play a dual role as an intermediate defense weapon or an urban clearing weapon. The EVO in 9mm has too limited a range for anything except close up or urban. I have a 9mm carbine with a 16 inch barrel, and it just doesn't have the "oomph" at longer ranges.

I question the utility of a shotgun in most SHTF scenarios. Again, we are talking range here. I would love one for hunting small game, but in a defensive situation, there is not enough magazine capacity, although the effect on deadites: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFriRcIwqNU"]deadites[/ame] and zombies: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG0CfU1YnNQ"]zombies[/ame] is spectacular with buckshot. Slugs give you more range, but the trajectory is like half a McDonald's trademark. Also, a self loader makes a lot more sense to me for defensive purposes than a pump. If need be, you can operate a self loader with one hand. Even though Sarah Conner says otherwise, most people couldn't handle a pump with one arm out of action.

10. Easy CZ

Might opt to substitute the EVO with a 550 Sonoran in 300 Win or 30-06. Reach out and touch somebody.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  11. Slack

Slack New Member

I joined this forum because I didn't know anything about CZ's and wanted to broaden my general fire arm knowledge. This thread is great, I had never herd of the Scorpion; that is one sweet gun!
    I don't know enough about CZ's to pick 3, but I can tell you the type of firearms. A shot gun wouldn't be in my top 3. The ammo is too large and heavy to carry and as previously stated the magazine is too small and takes too long to reload. I would want a battle pistol, a short range very compact PCC, good to 100 yards or so (The EVO would be perfect), and a rifle good out to 400 yards or so. I say 400 because of the terrain I live in. If you live out in the open you probably want a little bit more.
    My set up is a Glock 19, Kel-tec Sub 2000, and Kel-tec SU-16C.
    The tough decision for me would be if you asked for #4 and 5. They would be a pump shotgun and a back up pistol. But I'm not sure in which order. The shotgun would be wonderful to have if I'm not forced to move around. But the PCC serves the same purpose and a back up pistol might be more important in a SHTF scenario where firearm maintenance and upkeep isn't at it's finest and your pistol may fail you when you really need it. The shotgun would be pump for ease of cleaning and better reliability when not cleaned. If you loose one arm pull out you pistol.