Tristar T-100 Range Report

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by jaxgunslinger, Feb 3, 2014.

1. jaxgunslinger

jaxgunslinger New Member

Range Report; I shot a 60 rounds thru the Tristar today at seven yards. Thirty rounds of cheapo Monarch 115gr, and thirty rounds of WWB 115gr. I had no FTF or FTE issues of any kind. Recoil was typical for a 9mm of this size and weight. I only shot it in single action mode, but the trigger was light (maybe 4lbs) and very smooth. The only issue I had was it did not shoot to point of aim. It held tight grouping with lots of holes touching each other, but the groups were several inches to the left of target. A quick check of the rear sight, and I noticed the site was slightly to the left. It apparently came from the factory that way. After cleaning I noticed a few shinny spots where some of the finish flaked off from the slide areas, and where metal to metal contact is made. No issues with the exterior finish. I've got some rubber CZ grips coming in the mail and after adjusting the sights, I plan on taking it out for another round. My overall impression is very good. The size is good enough for CC, it seems reliable, has lots of capacity (2/15 mags) and a good price point of under $375 out the door. These pics are not of my actual gun. But can give you an idea of what a Tristar looks like.

Attached Files:

2. chrisp51

chrisp51 New Member

Got one just like it and I am very pleased with the quality.

3. Pancho_Villa

Pancho_Villa Supporting Member Supporter

Muy bueno. Nice looking pistola. Good report.

4. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Thanks for the RR. It's a good day when you discover your relatively- cheap gun is also a good CC gun.

5. jaxgunslinger

jaxgunslinger New Member

My Tristar has a thumb safety which can be engaged with the hammer down on a live round or cocked back like a 1911. I've notice that CZ seems to be doing away with the thumb safety in favor of the de-cocker. Its there an advantage to this other than being more safe while dropping the hammer? Or is it just a personal preference thing?

6. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It's a preference thing. I prefer a de-cocker to a manual safety on my guns, except 1911s. The CZ safety is OK, but it doesn't give me the level of assurance that a 1911 thumb and grip safety does.

I sometimes carry my 75 Compact (see avatar) cocked-n-locked, but prefer to carry it with the hammer down on a live round. The safety just feels like its too easyily snicked off and then you're left with a short, single-action trigger with no safety - not good.

7. jaxgunslinger

jaxgunslinger New Member

Range report update;
    I installed a set of factory rubber CZ75 grips. A huge improvement IMHO, much better feel and control. I also had the rear sight tapped over just a bit. This target was shot at 8 yards with WWB 115 gr FMJ. I am no marksman, but I think it did pretty well second time out.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  8. WayneJessie

WayneJessie New Member

Do CZ grips work without having to modify them? Some say yes and some say no.