CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new here, and see a number of discussions lready around decocker issues. I'm afraid to buy the gun and then experience issues with the gun. Can anyone share or confirm if this know problem is old and has been resolved in the current guns? Appreciate your help thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’m new to the forum and to CZ also.
Just purchased my first CZ a couple weeks ago. A new P-01 Omega Compact.
Have only been to the range twice with it and have around 200 rounds through it.
At the range I’ve been spending a fair amount of time shooting the P-01 DA just to get used to the trigger in DA. In order to do this, I’m guessing I’ve decocked around 75 times or so and have had no issues with the decocker or anything else with the pistol.
I’m really liking this pistol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m new to the forum and to CZ also.
Just purchased my first CZ a couple weeks ago. A new P-01 Omega Compact.
Have only been to the range twice with it and have around 200 rounds through it.
At the range I’ve been spending a fair amount of time shooting the P-01 DA just to get used to the trigger in DA. In order to do this, I’m guessing I’ve decocked around 75 times or so and have had no issues with the decocker or anything else with the pistol.
I’m really liking this pistol.
Thank you for the feedback. I in fact also spoke with the local importers, Czech version, for RSA, amongst some other users, and all inform.me no problems 😊

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
I was looking at a non omega p01 the other day. I had been looking for one for a while and found a clean, used 1 at one of the LGS. the DA and SA trigger pulls were really terrible. the sights were really bad too. it was $525 and I passed because I figured another $175 for sights and a trigger kit would be a little much. the decocker was really stiff too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, I'm new here, and see a number of discussions lready around decocker issues. I'm afraid to buy the gun and then experience issues with the gun. Can anyone share or confirm if this know problem is old and has been resolved in the current guns? Appreciate your help thanks
Whatever you've heard is either wrong or very isolated.

I've been shooting both the P-07 and P-09 hard since 2019 and have decocked each one several thousand times without a single issue. The P-09 is my main IPSC competition pistol is just short of 18,000 rounds fired through it.

Since the P-01 Omega has the same exact internals, I'm going to assume it's going to be just as reliable.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What are you comparing the trigger pulls to? I’d love to know
I was looking at a non omega p01 the other day. I had been looking for one for a while and found a clean, used 1 at one of the LGS. the DA and SA trigger pulls were really terrible. the sights were really bad too. it was $525 and I passed because I figured another $175 for sights and a trigger kit would be a little much. the decocker was really stiff too.

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
What are you comparing the trigger pulls to? I’d love to know
my P07. i had to do a little work to get the P07 trigger pull lighter and smoother. basically an Mcarbo kit and a trigger parts polish job. my P07 is the omega has the newer, flatter trigger (the P07 started out at 12lbs da and 7lbs sa) and the P01 had the older, more curved trigger. i wonder if the omega version of the P01 would be lighter and smoother?

·
Registered
138 Posts
my P07. i had to do a little work to get the P07 trigger pull lighter and smoother. basically an Mcarbo kit and a trigger parts polish job. my P07 is the omega has the newer, flatter trigger (the P07 started out at 12lbs da and 7lbs sa) and the P01 had the older, more curved trigger. i wonder if the omega version of the P01 would be lighter and smoother?
I doubt it my buddy has the P01 omega and while it feels slightly different than my P01 it’s not really lighter. I was actually thinking about putting the Mcarbo kit in my P07 how did you like it?

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
I doubt it my buddy has the P01 omega and while it feels slightly different than my P01 it’s not really lighter. I was actually thinking about putting the Mcarbo kit in my P07 how did you like it?
the mcarbo kits are good. their install videos aren't the best and they leave out some details that would be helpful but overall it can be figured out with a little tinkering. the P07 kit was very helpful in getting the DA and SA pulls down to a reasonable level. pre-kit, my P07 was something close to 12 lbs (manual wheeler scale maxed out at 8) for DA and 6-7 lbs for SA. post kit and trigger polishing, the P07 trigger was 4lbs SA and 7 lbs DA. the polishing was pretty important. the video was lacking for the reassembly in the decocker/disconnector areas.

·
Registered
138 Posts
the mcarbo kits are good. their install videos aren't the best and they leave out some details that would be helpful but overall it can be figured out with a little tinkering. the P07 kit was very helpful in getting the DA and SA pulls down to a reasonable level. pre-kit, my P07 was something close to 12 lbs (manual wheeler scale maxed out at 8) for DA and 6-7 lbs for SA. post kit and trigger polishing, the P07 trigger was 4lbs SA and 7 lbs DA. the polishing was pretty important. the video was lacking for the reassembly in the decocker/disconnector areas.
I saw where Mcarbo doesn’t sell an extended firing pin but CGW does with there’s. I don’t mind the SA in my P07 but the DA is terrible!

·
Registered
109 Posts
i changed some of the springs in my P01. not sure how the safety/decocker change would affect the trigger pull. i'll have to take a closer look the next time i field strip it.
Neither the safety not the decocker affects the trigger pull unless the disconnector rubs (which it shouldn't) in the notch made for it in the shaft that connects the two levers. Cajun Guworks has a tutorial on this in their website.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts