CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I picked up a NIB 75B Omega recently, my first CZ and I'm loving it!

BUT, I'm old school from my 1911 days, and I prefer a safety over a decocker. I swapped out the factory installed decocker assembly with the CZ provided safety assembly and have installed the safety assemble four times now, very carefully, but I'm having the same issue. When I move the safety lever (left hand side, I'm a righty) from the on to the off position, and from the off to the on position, the lever over travels, meaning that I'm expecting a "hard stop"/click when moving the safety lever in either direction but that doesn't happen and the lever keeps traveling to the point that in the on position, the level overlaps the slide and in the off position, the lever touches the top of the hand grip.

It's not affecting the functionality of the pistol, BUT this is not right!. And it is affecting my operation of the pistol -- when at the range, without the "hard stop"/click, I'm finding that I don't have absolute confidence before pulling the trigger and sometimes I have to look down to visually confirm whether the the safety is on or off. And not a good thing God forbid I would ever have to use it in the field.

Has anyone encountered this, and if so, and advice?

Thanks!

·
Registered
243 Posts
So, I picked up a NIB 75B Omega recently, my first CZ and I'm loving it!

BUT, I'm old school from my 1911 days, and I prefer a safety over a decocker. I swapped out the factory installed decocker assembly with the CZ provided safety assembly and have installed the safety assemble four times now, very carefully, but I'm having the same issue. When I move the safety lever (left hand side, I'm a righty) from the on to the off position, and from the off to the on position, the lever over travels, meaning that I'm expecting a "hard stop"/click when moving the safety lever in either direction but that doesn't happen and the lever keeps traveling to the point that in the on position, the level overlaps the slide and in the off position, the lever touches the top of the hand grip.

It's not affecting the functionality of the pistol, BUT this is not right!. And it is affecting my operation of the pistol -- when at the range, without the "hard stop"/click, I'm finding that I don't have absolute confidence before pulling the trigger and sometimes I have to look down to visually confirm whether the the safety is on or off. And not a good thing God forbid I would ever have to use it in the field.

Has anyone encountered this, and if so, and advice?

Thanks!
If you look at the diagram below you will notice part #15 and #30. These are the 2 parts that stop the manual safety travel and give you that click you are looking for. Sounds like they are missing or not sitting in the correct spot under the safety lever.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you look at the diagram below you will notice part #15 and #30. These are the 2 parts that stop the manual safety travel and give you that click you are looking for. Sounds like they are missing or not sitting in the correct spot under the safety lever.

Thanks SPO1Shadow. Good to know, thanks for the great advice.

The only thing I have done with this 75B Omega is fire rounds through it at my range, under 200 rounds, field strip it, clean it, and tried to make the the change over from the decocker to the safety. Thanks for the heads up on the parts #15 and #30. I cannot imagine anything that I did that would have compromised either parts #15 or #30.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks SPO1Shadow. Good to know, thanks for the great advice.

The only thing I have done with this 75B Omega is fire rounds through it at my range, under 200 rounds, field strip it, clean it, and tried to make the the change over from the decocker to the safety. Thanks for the heads up on the parts #15 and #30. I cannot imagine anything that I did that would have compromised either parts #15 or #30.
Are these parts in the safety? If they are the safety is not completely installed into the frame. Working correctly you can feel them click into place and limit the travel of the manual safety. Not saying you did anything wrong.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great questions! Looking back over the CZ 75B "Omega" exploded diagram, and looking down into my frame, no neither parts #15 nor #30 (the indent plunger or indent plunger spring) are there. And I will note that that manual that comes with the CZ 75B Omega, with the astericks all over the place makes it clear to me that this is an exploded diagram possibly generic to all "modern CZ B's". I cannot even see where a detent plunger and spring would be installed. And yes, the #15 and #30 indent plunger and indent plunger spring were not part of the safety assembly that came NIB. All I have NIB are #29 (Safety Right) and #31 (Safety Right). And I confirmed that with a CZ USA tech who is sending me a new "CZ 75B Omega complete assembly" And installation of the is straightforward as far as I can tell. This one has me baffled.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Great questions! Looking back over the CZ 75B "Omega" exploded diagram, and looking down into my frame, no neither parts #15 nor #30 (the indent plunger or indent plunger spring) are there. And I will note that that manual that comes with the CZ 75B Omega, with the astericks all over the place makes it clear to me that this is an exploded diagram possibly generic to all "modern CZ B's". I cannot even see where a detent plunger and spring would be installed. And yes, the #15 and #30 indent plunger and indent plunger spring were not part of the safety assembly that came NIB. All I have NIB are #29 (Safety Right) and #31 (Safety Right). And I confirmed that with a CZ USA tech who is sending me a new "CZ 75B Omega complete assembly" And installation of the is straightforward as far as I can tell. This one has me baffled.
The detent and spring are located on the backside of the left side safety lever. These parts are very easy to lose and have them fly off into the 5th dimension never to be seen again. Below is a video of a guy who almost let his get away but it also shows where these parts are located on the inside of the lever. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, you're absolutely right! I was not paying enough attention when I did the swap out, and the original detent plunger and spring now must be floating out there somewhere in the fifth dimension . . . . Fortunately, CZ USA says they have both parts in stock and I have ordered them. Thank you, my brother, for teaching me on this one! I'm looking forward to getting the parts and hitting the range again with full confidence with the safety. I'm glad that I joined the forum and asked the question!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Damn, you're absolutely right! I was not paying enough attention when I did the swap out, and the original detent plunger and spring now must be floating out there somewhere in the fifth dimension . . . . Fortunately, CZ USA says they have both parts in stock and I have ordered them. Thank you, my brother, for teaching me on this one! I'm looking forward to getting the parts and hitting the range again with full confidence with the safety. I'm glad that I joined the forum and asked the question!
You are very welcome. If something happens and they back order the parts let me know and i will send them to you. Have a great week and hope you enjoy your 75.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.