A 527 in .223 or...

Discussion in 'CZ Rifles' started by Ceapea, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Ceapea

Ceapea New Member

...another bolt gun in .243?
    I have a 527 in 7.62x39, and I love it! I am now looking for a easy to shoot accurately, bolt gun for targets out to 300 yd. I am looking into the 204, 223 and 243 calibers. So the 527 in 223 is an option. The 22-250 might do what I need, but I am completely unfamiliar with it. I want to just shoot targets, paper mostly, but I also want it for shooting 2 liter pop bottles at 200 yd. That is what my gun club does for it's annual Ground Hog shoot. Six 2 liter bottles hanging by string from a cross bar. I have used my Stag 3G in 223, but I really want to do it with a bolt gun.
    So, what to do?

Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  2. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 CZ Rookie

I'd grab the .223 for ammo availability and as use as a good partner for your AR. Unless you have other specific uses for the rifle the 223 is an easy choice. Maybe their varmint version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Ceapea

Ceapea New Member

I ordered the Lux in 223 the other day. I should have it soon! I already received two extra mags for it.

4. SurfGent

SurfGent New Member

I have the 527 in 223 and I have to say I love it. It's accurate as hell and really fun to shoot and the perfect companion for my AR. I reload so I can work up different loads for different goals I'm trying to reach with my shooting. I want to get a CZ in 243 but the only option I think they offer in 243 is the full Mannlicher style stock

5. marineone

marineone New Member

Did you look into Savage 110 Preditor 243, same price maybe alittle cheaper, it has a-
    . Acurate trigger
    . Acurate stock with cheek riser.
    . Havy barrel thats threaded on end.