CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
SP-01 Tactical, P-07 w/Kadet Conversion, 97BD
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back when, I had a CZ 75BD, the decocker-only variant of the classic pistol. I “traded up” to the SP-01 Tactical which feels as good in my hands as any gun I’ve ever owned. Along the way, I also picked up a two tone CZ 97B. I thought I might shoot it in USPSA Limited 10 class, but I never did. I ended up selling it off - one reason being that I detest any non-1911 pistol with a manual safety.

Fast forward a few years and CZ now offers a BD version of the 75’s Big Brother. So what’s not to love? CZ, .45 ACP, and no manual safety — it’s a slam dunk!

So I picked her up today. It feels every good as the SP-01 in my hand (bettter, frankly, than my Sig P-series guns!) and it has that iconic CZ look. I’ve got some G10 grips coming to dress her up next week, but for now I’m happy with her “as is”.

I did take her out back and run about 50 rounds through her. The gun seems to shoot left...but I will need to try it with a rest to verify. The groupings were good...but consistently 1-2” left of where they should be. So we’ll see!

I’ll have to schedule a group photo with all my .45’s after the grips come, but for now here’s the newest addition to the family!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Very nice!

Quick question. Why do you dislike a manual safety on a non 1911?
Or is it that you just prefer a decocker?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice!

I don't want any mechanical device between me and the discharge of the gun when I pull the trigger. 1911's - being single action - are an exception (but I probably would never carry one). With a proper holster and proper handling, a safety does nothing except possibly interrupt the firing sequence. I don't object to other people using them, but I don't want them on my guns.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't want any mechanical device between me and the discharge of the gun when I pull the trigger. 1911's - being single action - are an exception (but I probably would never carry one). With a proper holster and proper handling, a safety does nothing except possibly interrupt the firing sequence. I don't object to other people using them, but I don't want them on my guns.
Good answer.
I actually prefer no safety on the guns I depend on for self defense.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
@jmohme - I have a Beretta M9, just because it was the service pistol I used in the Navy. I can't count how many times it's gone "click" because of the safety. I know people say they train themselves to "sweep it off" on the draw, but that's one more step to remember!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new duds arrived today! I like the contrast and they feel pretty good.😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very nice!

I just bought a CZ 97 BD and love everything about it except 1. It's picky on some 45 ammo. I have a Ultra Custom 2 Carry that eats everything. I was hoping my CZ would do the same. Since I reload, I can customize my ammo to make it work by seating the bullet deeper. With this particular ogive, I have to seat very deep for my CZ.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought a CZ 97 BD and love everything about it except 1. It's picky on some 45 ammo. I have a Ultra Custom 2 Carry that eats everything. I was hoping my CZ would do the same. Since I reload, I can customize my ammo to make it work by seating the bullet deeper. With this particular ogive, I have to seat very deep for my CZ.
i haven’t had any problem with my 97BD being picky about ammo. In fact, I have some S&B JHP that clogs up my Beretta PX4 because it is so short, but the CZ doesn’t blink.

That’s the S&B on the left, next to some Federal ball, then a Fiocchi JHP. The CZ liked them all.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i haven’t had any problem with my 97BD being picky about ammo. In fact, I have some S&B JHP that clogs up my Beretta PX4 because it is so short, but the CZ doesn’t blink.

View attachment 902

That’s the S&B on the left, next to some Federal ball, then a Fiocchi JHP. The CZ liked them all.
Same, eats it all. However I do not cast my own bullets, just copper plated.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts