CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love the decocker and no safety on my 75 p01.

But I have a preference for large frame heavy pistols like the government size 1911.

I would love to find a stainless CZ but my GB searches are not yielding results.

With this in mind I've pretty much decided that maybe a 75bd would be the best way. I will send it to Armoloy for their TDC finish which is a hard chrome. This finish is more corrosion resistant than stainless.

Is there any issues that I need to know about?
Years or models more desirable than others?
Surplus pistols a good option?

Thanks for your input.

· Registered
142 Posts
I love the decocker and no safety on my 75 p01.

But I have a preference for large frame heavy pistols like the government size 1911.

I would love to find a stainless CZ but my GB searches are not yielding results.

With this in mind I've pretty much decided that maybe a 75bd would be the best way. I will send it to Armoloy for their TDC finish which is a hard chrome. This finish is more corrosion resistant than stainless.

Is there any issues that I need to know about?
Years or models more desirable than others?
Surplus pistols a good option?

Thanks for your input.
Nothing unusual compared to any other 75 variant. I doubt, from an operational point of view, that any year or variation is more desirable than the other.

Another consideration is the SP-01 Tactical. It's an SP-01 with decocker instead of safety.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing unusual compared to any other 75 variant. I doubt, from an operational point of view, that any year or variation is more desirable than the other.

Another consideration is the SP-01 Tactical. It's an SP-01 with decocker instead of safety.
Thank you for the lead. I'll look into the SP-01 Tactical.
What is different about the SP-01?

· Registered
9 Posts
Ingramite:

If you do more than 'minimum' Dry-Firing with the 75 series- it's Very highly recommended to use a Snap cap or --tiny-- red rubber O-ring (blocks hammer). Rings are found at Harbor freight etc.

My CZ PCR's 'OEM' (Czech) " firing pin Retainer pin " had an oval gouge cut into it. And I Never did very much dry-firing.
Very Many 75 owners replace the roll / retainer pin as a smart precaution.

It's super simple to swap with a 1/16" punch or such, and the harder (& hollow) Cajun Gun Works pin costs $5.00.
Takes a little patience when lining up a new pin with the hole; light tapping does it; ......., that's all.

Youtube videos cover it.

My young nephew just bought the all-steel 75 B .. 💓and loves it; nib gun.
He is about to swap his f.p. retainer pin as a smart precaution.:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts