CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from SC. I have owned many CZ rifles over the years but only one shotgun. It was long ago, and I do not remember the model, but it was a 20ga. over/under. I liked it a great deal, but I am a mediocre shotgunner at best, and I always end up going back to a 12ga. I have never owned a CZ 12ga.

I am once again going to try a 20ga. and am undecided between the O/U and the S/S. There are certain differences between a S/S and an O/U regardless of the model. However, I would appreciate it if someone has owned or shot both if they can compare these particular models. From the prices I assume they are about the same as to quality, but I do not know for sure.

·
Registered
CZ shotguns
3 Posts
The CZ Quail is a 20ga over under with 28in barrels but a slightly shorter length of pull. I'm 5'11" and it still fits me and is my goto shotgun for quail, chukar and dove. I really enjoy shooting that gun. For pheasant, I use a CZ Woodcock G2 in 12ga. It's a nice shooter as well. As far as the SS vs O/U debate, I think it comes down to practice and personal preference. They of course shoot differently and you will need to practice with both to figure out the intricacies of each. For me it would come down to what I have more of which are O/U shotguns. They shoot the same from gun to gun with very minor differences. I think you will be very happy with the CZ Qual. If you want one with a longer length of pull get a CZ Drake in 20ga. The Quail is supposed to be the same gun with a more 'standard' length of pull.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts