CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have lots of rim fire stuff and when I inherited my fathers stuff, it had a 45 revolver and a 45 1911. I sold those as I just didn’t really the link the feel. I’m interested in a CZ 75 model. I have fired a CZ 75 B and it felt great. I went to the CZ USA web site and there are so many models I’m on overload. I’m looking for simple, the most standard model which will alway have a good supply of parts available. Should I just stick with the 75 B? I would like to stick with the most well known and most highly distributed model. Standards are good things.

I’m open to other manufactures if they really are standard. Are parts interchangable between different brands on any of the models?

Right now my local shops have nothing. Perhaps a previously owned model from gun broker or some other site.

Anyone have any recommendations for a model which might be a good target, a model which is the most popular with the highest production.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm old school and love the 90's Iron Model CZ 75's. I'm not hating on the New Polymer Styles and the people that prefer them. I just love that Iron Feel and it only weights 2.45 lbs with 1 in the Chamber with a full 16 Round Magazine. I have a couple and depending where I go I decide which one to carry my CZ 75 BD 9mm with the Decocker or my Custom built CZ 82 9 Mak. The Meprolight TRU-DOT Self-Illuminated Day & Night Sights are Incredible and SO easy to install. I have Several Pistols, but I seem to carry this 75 BD just as much as my Sig. View attachment 782 View attachment 784

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Like Bigson80 asked.....What do you want to use the pistol for? Home defense, occasional target/range use, dedicated carry?

I like the full size 75B for range use and home defense. My primary carry is a slicked up CZ-82 with night sites (9 mak). I also use a CZ-83(.380) and 75B compact (steel with safety) in my carry rotation. They are all excellent sidearms and are 100% reliable (with good ammo).
The full size 75B is too big for concealed carry, in my opinion. You have to draw up too high to retrieve it from the belt holster (in an emergency situation). It's a little awkward in a shoulder rig. I also have full size 1911's but don't carry them either.

Since the 82's are only available surplus, and the 83's are no longer manufactured, your best bet is the 75B compact, in my opinion, for all around use. Ergonomics are excellent on all, and I wouldn't hesitate to buy used, if previous owner was known by you or gun shop owner to verify handgun was not neglected or abused. Good luck in your search. PB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.