CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am hoping you all can help. I have a new CZ-527 carbine and I am trying to mount a scope with QD rings so I can use irons or scope as needed. I bought a pair of Warne Maxima 1B1LM QD rings, which are supposed to be for the 527 16mm dovetail, but they are still loose when tightened down. I don't know if it's an out of spec set of rings or the rail, but I am looking for alternatives.

Does anyone have the DiProducts picatinny rail on their carbine? Can you still use the iron sights?

Thanls, Tod

·
Registered
6 Posts
Warne makes a set of QD rings for the 527's 16mm dovetail. The Warne rings have fit all my 527's without any problems. I do believe the DIP rail will block your sights.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I spoke to Warne and it look like I got an out-of-spec set of rings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well hopefully Warne takes good care of you and replaces them. The only problem I've had with the Warne QD rings is the detach lever is on the right side of the rings. I hit the detach lever with my little finger pretty hard when running the bolt. By removing the Torx screw that Warne uses as a recoil stop on the rear ring the QD rings can be reversed so the lever is on the left side of the receiver. This might work with the 223/5.56 Carbines but with my 7.62 Carbine the rings walked forward under recoil. So the rear ring ended up getting drilled and tapped for the recoil lug Torx screw. There is only about 1/8 inch of threading on the screw into the scope ring but so far there hasn't been any problems. I'm going to miss the CZ 527's now that CZ is replacing them with the model 600 rifles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts