CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
VZ 27, 82, 58; CZ 527M
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
The bolt of my 527M carbines binding around the rear guide slot that the extractor passes through. A nice patina of Lubriplate (I just switched to old-school after my last tube of Shooters Choice ran out) helps some but it still binds. I saw a Utube video where the guy bent the extractor a bit to increase the bow in it and I assume increase the pressure in that slot to reduce the binding.

Anyone up here have a similar experience?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've had a similar issue with a few of the CZ 527's. I tend to not notice it because I push the bolt forward with my left thumb and regularly use single shot adapters/magazine. Does the bolt bind when the magazine is removed? If not, then two possible ideas. First the magazines are stamped and then blocked to shape. The feed lips tend to be pretty rough almost serrated when new. The roughness grabs the top cartridge case and makes it hard to push the round out of the magazine when running the bolt. With use they polish out and become smoother with less tendance to bind the bolt. You can speed up the process by sanding/polishing the interior feed lips if they seem rough. The other ones harder to explain. The magazine release is held by the trigger guard. And the trigger guard/magazine well screw to the receiver thru the stock. If the stock were to dry out and shrink a bit but the screws are tight the trigger guard and the rifles action move a slight bit closer together. The magazine when inserted into the magazine well and held by its catch is now sitting a slight bit too high and binds things up. If you want to test this, put two layers of a business card between the trigger guard and the stock to help create a bit more space reassemble the rifle and see if this helps. I think I've seen the video you mention but I haven't tried that myself. It doesn't sound like your first outing with your rifle went to well.

·
Registered
VZ 27, 82, 58; CZ 527M
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The binding is not from the magazines. So far this is just cycling the action at the workbench. I recently had knee surgery and have yet worked up the courage to tackle the sloped gravel path to the rifle range at the club. I suspect it will end up being an inconvenience rather than an issue because I will no doubt adopt something like your thumb technique so I can clear the rear scope hood.

Thanks

·
Registered
VZ 27, 82, 58; CZ 527M
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good recommendation on Original CZ. I joined when I picked up my first CZ, a vz.52 pistol, but haven’t logged in for a long time. Found a thread and it referenced the same video I found on YouTube. I’m going to try the arch-the-extractor-feed-control-arm method discussed in it. #2 in the Image. Slope Font Line Parallel Rectangle

·
Registered
VZ 27, 82, 58; CZ 527M
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I met my first post knee replacement milestone by going to the club this morning out to the 50 yard range. I zeroed the scope I mounted on the 527. The bolt is definitely binding when asking it to strip a round off the magazine. I resorted to the thumb on the bolt assist to get it to cycle most times. The gun is nice, the set trigger is awesome. Tomorrow I will perform the feed control-ectomy and take it out again next week.

Milestone 2 is this weekend. Push the Burgman out of the garage for a ride. A good left knee is necessary for successful moto operation. I may end up pushing it right back into the garage but I’m hoping it feels solid enough for a trip out for breakfast.

·
Registered
VZ 27, 82, 58; CZ 527M
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gun is fine. Grouping is as good as I can muster given my skill set. For my next trip i fit a bipod to try to improve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts