CZ 75 compact sights

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by dmodde, Jan 6, 2017.

1. dmodde

dmodde Mood

Hi All,
    I recently picked up my first CZ (75 Compact) and just returned from the second range trip with it. 5 stars on all aspects so far, with one exception (and I knew this going in). My 57-year old bi-focaled eyes don't pick up the stock sights very well, and as a result, although the groups are good, they seem to be 3" high at point of aim.

It's worth noting that I'm used to Sigs (all with their standard night sights) and those guys are dead-on center. So my question to the group is a) what is the point of aim supposed to be with a CZ and b) those who have changed out their sights what did you choose and any good/bad about them. No doubt I need more time with it, but ideally I want to end up with night sights and something more in line with what I'm used to with my Sigs. I wouldn't rule out Big Dot or something along those lines.

Shawn Thomas likes this.
  2. pburnster

pburnster New Member

TFX Pro

Hey dmodde,

I have the same problem. I put TruGlo TFX Pro's on my 75B and they're awesome. I'll post pics when I've figured out how to make it work

JackBQuick likes this.

3. pburnster

pburnster New Member

TFX and CZ Custom

The TFX sights on my CZ75B

[​IMG] [​IMG]

CZ Custom Sights on my PCR

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Click to see full size.

4. dmodde

dmodde Mood

Thanks pburnster. I happened to be window shopping on Amazon this morning and found these. Looks like your pics show contrasting colors though (my preference). I'll look at some other sources and see what I can find.

Truglo TRUG Cz 75 Series Front Rear Sights Tfx Tritium Fiber Optic Set, Green/Steel Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0141PCJ12/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_6eOCyb3F4SH7S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. dmodde

dmodde Mood

Update. I ended up going with XS big dots and finished up the install yesterday. Quite an adventure; for anyone who wants to take this on get the universal sight pusher or something similar. I could not budge that rear sight with a hammer and punch.

Anyway, I hope to get it out next weekend so we'll see how they turn out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. dmodde

dmodde Mood

[​IMG]

Here's the final sight picture.

7. dmodde

dmodde Mood

[​IMG]

I think these will work just fine. Really happy with them.

8. PopsCZs

PopsCZs New Member

Hey there. Another new old guy here. I too have been looking at replacing the factory sights on my pcr. I am running the XS Big Dots on a 9mm Shield and really like them. I have flirted with placing them on my l'il cz. Thanks for the post and pics of the XS sights and your target. Nice results. Now I am back to thinking about the Big Dots.

9. PopsCZs

PopsCZs New Member

I finally went with a Meprolight ml-17777 night sight front sight and left the stock pcr rear sight. I must say that I like the combination for under 50 bucks. POA=POI.

Shawn Thomas likes this.
  10. t107

t107 New Member

How is the CZ Custom sight on your PCR working out Looks like a perfect fit ?

11. Kokopelli

Kokopelli New Member

Your might try asking the optometrist so set your bifocal “focal point” for 24” and use a continuous variable lens...

12. Shawn Thomas

Shawn Thomas New Member

I'm curious as to sights for the PCR. I understand thyt are different than all the other CZs....

13. Shawn Thomas

Shawn Thomas New Member

I'm with you, love my new PCR, but the sights are tiny!!!

14. Shawn Thomas

Shawn Thomas New Member

Meprolight!? Is it tritium? Or fiber optic? I'd like a combination of both if possible... I see that options are limited withy PCR, apparently it is the oddball of the cz line...

15. Shawn Thomas

Shawn Thomas New Member

I'm looking for a night sight/ fiber optic front sight for my PCR! Any info is greatly appreciated, thanks

16. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Looks good!

17. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Contact Cajun Gun Works. Those guys can fix you up or point you in the right direction.

18. Goju

Goju Member

I have one of the oddball 75b compact D variants that is for all intents and purposes a PCR slide on a P01 frame. I do not understand the reasoning for the PCR rear sight cut, but that is a rant for another thread. I went with a CZC plain black rear and matching height FO front. CZC offers several PCR specific rear sight options. If anyone wants pics, shoot me an email. I have been very happy with this set up.

19. JackBQuick

JackBQuick New Member

I did the same. I am 75....what a difference. I can easily see my sight pic with only regular safety glasses.