CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
  • Hello All,

Anyone know the following specific specs for CZ TSO?

1. Is the SAO trigger aluminum or polymer?
    2. What is the OEM rated pounds for hammer spring and recoil spring?

I understand the TSO is awsome out of the box. Are there any specific internal parts that could be upgrade for improved performance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Trigger is polymer out of the box

Gun is good to go out of the box what I did was ordered several hammer and recoil springs from Cajun Gun Works and used them to determine which recoil impulse I liked as well as what ran reliably with my preferred ammo.

Again good to go, but can be tailored a bit to your liking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
  • Hello All,

Anyone know the following specific specs for CZ TSO?

1. Is the SAO trigger aluminum or polymer?
    2. What is the OEM rated pounds for hammer spring and recoil spring?

I understand the TSO is awsome out of the box. Are there any specific internal parts that could be upgrade for improved performance?
I have two TSO's that were built about 2 years apart. Both have polymer triggers. I have not heard of aluminum triggers on the 2005-2018 TSO 9mm models until this post. My Czechmate has an aluminum trigger that appears to be the same as the TSO polymer triggers. Frankly I cannot tell any difference. Many folks don't deem to know that these triggers are adjustable for take up and reset length. they came from the factory with approx 1.75 to 2 lb triggers, I adjusted one and haven't touched the other. I also have a third TSO in 40 S&W, same trigger and I love them all.
Just a note about those who ask "why a 'cheap' polymer trigger?" Well I have heard from a very knowledgeable gunsmith that the polymer trigger in the TSO will hold the adjustment better because the screws are held tighter due to the 'grab' of the polymer. I have no problem with these polymer triggers, they feel the same to me and hey, how can you beat an out of the box 2lb crisp break and short reset trigger? I mean sheesh! I would not change a thing, just shoot the hell out of the thing. Oh, one thing worth changing, put a fiber optic front sight on it, I like them that way. Interesting, I have never needed to zero (adjust the sights) as they have been pretty spot on for me at distances up to 25 yards.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have two TSO's that were built about 2 years apart. Both have polymer triggers. I have not heard of aluminum triggers on the 2005-2018 TSO 9mm models until this post. My Czechmate has an aluminum trigger that appears to be the same as the TSO polymer triggers. Frankly I cannot tell any difference. Many folks don't deem to know that these triggers are adjustable for take up and reset length. they came from the factory with approx 1.75 to 2 lb triggers, I adjusted one and haven't touched the other. I also have a third TSO in 40 S&W, same trigger and I love them all.
Just a note about those who ask "why a 'cheap' polymer trigger?" Well I have heard from a very knowledgeable gunsmith that the polymer trigger in the TSO will hold the adjustment better because the screws are held tighter due to the 'grab' of the polymer. I have no problem with these polymer triggers, they feel the same to me and hey, how can you beat an out of the box 2lb crisp break and short reset trigger? I mean sheesh! I would not change a thing, just shoot the hell out of the thing. Oh, one thing worth changing, put a fiber optic front sight on it, I like them that way. Interesting, I have never needed to zero (adjust the sights) as they have been pretty spot on for me at distances up to 25 yards.
I agree. Most people would be better served by shooting the ever living crap out of their premium handguns instead of burning money on "upgrades", with sights being the possible exception since our eyesight is highly personal.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree. Most people would be better served by shooting the ever living crap out of their premium handguns instead of burning money on "upgrades", with sights being the possible exception since our eyesight is highly personal.
I am curious about results from having the TSO slides milled for red dot sights. CZ USA warned me about milling down the TSO/Czechmate slides. They have seen problems from insufficient metal thickness after milling and CZ USA does NOT sell replacement slides.
Please give me some feedback bi have my C More mounted 90° with the Sebo Weapons frame mount 90° mount bi like it because it drops the optic to about 1/4” above the slide and so far no shells have hit the optic and it allows the stock thumb “gas pedal” positions. Optic mount 90° for CZ (C-More) + thumb rest - Seboweapons.com - prodej zbraní a střeliva

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am curious about results from having the TSO slides milled for red dot sights. CZ USA warned me about milling down the TSO/Czechmate slides. They have seen problems from insufficient metal thickness after milling and CZ USA does NOT sell replacement slides.
Please give me some feedback bi have my C More mounted 90° with the Sebo Weapons frame mount 90° mount bi like it because it drops the optic to about 1/4” above the slide and so far no shells have hit the optic and it allows the stock thumb “gas pedal” positions. Optic mount 90° for CZ (C-More) + thumb rest - Seboweapons.com - prodej zbraní a střeliva
Sorry, can't give you any feedback because I don't have a TSO. It's not a pistol that interests me because it doesn't fit in the USPSA division that I prefer to compete in (Carry Optics).

I suspect you will find very few people interested in doing what you want because frame mounted optics are the preferred solution in USPSA Open division, which is where an optic-equipped TSO would be legal.

I would ask Cajun Gun Works for its opinion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sorry, can't give you any feedback because I don't have a TSO. It's not a pistol that interests me because it doesn't fit in the USPSA division that I prefer to compete in (Carry Optics).

I suspect you will find very few people interested in doing what you want because frame mounted optics are the preferred solution in USPSA Open division, which is where an optic-equipped TSO would be legal.

I would ask Cajun Gun Works for its opinion.
Thanks for that response. I only compete occasionally in my local club matches that are pretty lenient and I shoot mostly without regard to my timed score, just the enjoyment of shooting steel. This is basically cause I’d suck at those timed shooting events 😂. The ins and outs of the various practical shooting organizations are really foreign territory to me. If I were to compete in them I suppose I could set up my Glock 34 or my CZSP01 but I dearly love shooting the heavier light triggered TSO’s. I am still wondering how well the TSO’s function with slides cut for optics. Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am still wondering how well the TSO’s function with slides cut for optics. Any thoughts on that?
I've added optics to five different handguns that weren't designed for them (CZ 75, P-09, P-07, Glock 17 and 19). None of them have functioned any differently after milling the slide and mounting a red dot sight.

I'm sure the TSO would work just as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There are at least 2 benefits to a "side" mount (like the AK47 aftermarket mount):
1. the slide does not need milling
2. the optics and its mount are mounted to the slide and don't move with the slide.

My grandson had Cajun Gun Work milled his Shadow 2 (black & blue) for a red dot and loves it.
Personally, I would go with the frame mount or a dovetailed mounting plate that slides into the rear sight's dovetail.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have that optics mount with a SRO on it works great I highly recommend it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts