CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for all the experts out there. I know the CZ 97 was born during the previous gun ban where anything over 10 rounds was considered more dangerous. Now that the gun ban has thankfully expired, I'm curious why someone (Mecgar, CZ, whomever) hasn't come out with a double-stack magazine for the CZ 97. Is the frame simply too narrow to handle a double-stack? If so, perhaps a longer magazine but still single-stack - it would extend past the grips but would solve the "more ammo" issue.

Ultimately, I'm just curious why no one, after all this time, has come up with bigger magazine for the 97 platform. Thoughts or comments?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
204 Posts
Question for all the experts out there. I know the CZ 97 was born during the previous gun ban where anything over 10 rounds was considered more dangerous. Now that the gun ban has thankfully expired, I'm curious why someone (Mecgar, CZ, whomever) hasn't come out with a double-stack magazine for the CZ 97. Is the frame simply too narrow to handle a double-stack? If so, perhaps a longer magazine but still single-stack - it would extend past the grips but would solve the "more ammo" issue.

Ultimately, I'm just curious why no one, after all this time, has come up with bigger magazine for the 97 platform. Thoughts or comments?

Thanks,

Scott
The CZ 97B already runs a double stack magazine. If it were a single stack it would only have an 7 or 8 round capacity. The MecGar mags for some of the 97B clones will also work and i have several that hold 14 rounds. I believe they are for the Tanfoglio clones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks SPO1SHADOW for the quick response. I'll check out the clone stuff and see if I can find that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Which clones are you referring to because I already have a couple of the Tangfolio mecgar mags and they only hold 10 and I’ve only found 1 company that makes a 2 rnd extended baseplate

·
Registered
13 Posts
It's also worth knowing that magazines from the IMI Baby Desert Eagle .45 will also fit the CZ-97B. Here is a link from Greg Cote's website showing the model of the mag that will fit. (He is currently showing out of stock).

I inquired about this a few years back on the Khar Forum. Here is a link to that thread.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yeah I buy all my CZ mags from Greg Cote(he’s actually local to me) but I still haven’t found a 97 compatible mag that holds more than 10 rounds.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah I buy all my CZ mags from Greg Cote(he’s actually local to me) but I still haven’t found a 97 compatible mag that holds more than 10 rounds.
The magazines that i have are marked MG WIT 45-LF12. They were made by Meg-Gar and they have what looks like an OEM plastic or polymer +2 base plate that looks very similar to the +2 9mm base plates that come on some of the factory magazines. I can get 13 rounds in them fairly easily but the 14th is very hard to load but is doable. I do not remember where i purchased them but i believe they were for the .45 Witness. They were advertised as 12 round competition magazines with an optional +2 base plate. I have had them a long time but i cannot remember if they came from GC or Ben Stoeger.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Well I’ve hunted around and even searched on Mec gars website those mags aren’t made anymore just the 10 round ones

1 - 9 of 9 Posts