CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here. I am a long time CZ lover. I have had CZ pistols in the past. Recently I had a 40P and sold it. A few months ago I came across a two month old 9mm Compact. Two months old. Came with 4 magazines, paperwork and cool competition sight in the rear. Bought it from a private citizen for a fair price. Well. As of yesterday, I have run about 450 rounds through it. MAJOR problems include failure to go into battery, failure for slide to retract after firing - it had to be forced open - , FTE/FTF and all this occurred with several brands of ammunition - all new FMJ 115 or 124. Yes, I had the rangemaster check it out and the local range gunsmith and all found no issues with the frame, slide, recoil spring, guide rod. Yes, it was cleaned and lubed properly. I asked several competition shooters -friends - for advice and all said to check the same. A call to CZ customer support provided that I am to file a warranty claim. Well. Does anyone have any thoughts? Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
24 Posts
A call to CZ customer support provided that I am to file a warranty claim. Well. Does anyone have any thoughts?
Call CZ USA. See if you can get it fixed under warranty. They might say no because you bought it used. They might say yes out of good will.

Even if they say no warranty send it in anyway, get a quote to get it fixed, and pay them to do it. That way you know it will be done right.

If it were mine I would put in a lot more effort to fix it myself. But I've torn down and rebuilt CZ pistols several times already so I'm not intimidated by that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Let us know what they find when you can
Per CZ -
Work Performed: Polished breech face lead in and extended chamber throat. Function tested and test fired good with 115 gr Magtech FMJ and 147 gr Federal HST. Noticed that hammer spur was contacting bottom rear of rear sight that is installed at one point, this may have been a contributing factor. Wear on bottom of rear sight allows hammer spur to move freely now.

On the way to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts