CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first post here on my first CZ pistol (also have the excellent .22 bolt action rifle). Carried a Glock 19 for decades and that model served me well twice in harm's way. But, I don't like the sights (aftermarket, of course), don't like the trigger (great concept, questionable execution-aftermarket) and don't like the grip, especially for small hands like mine. Bought a P-10C last week and qualified with it-it is apparently a second generation or such, but the rear plate still gives a little-don't like that. And I don't like MIM locking blocks, striker, etc. BUT...most shootable handgun I've ever used, even better that a Browning P-35. Practically shoots itself, without worry about the mechanics. Maxed out first time on the combat course (flipping timed targets, no shooter movement). A bit concerned about the plate and about the striker (heard tips have broken from a few) and will need to get night sights, but otherwise may be abe to leave it stock for serious carry. Thoughts on the plate or striker tip-maybe aftermarket options-though I don't want to go that route any more than necessary. It's the Glock, refined, and I shoot it better than the Walther and HK offerings, as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm wondering if anyone has put a high number, like several thousand rounds, through a new gen P-10 C and how it held up?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got my Gen3 19 lower with grip modified by Bowie yesterday-no live rounds through it yet BUT...still feels like a brick compared to my P-10 C. I really hope this CZ stands up to the test of time, in terms if durability, because I can almost see Gaston picking up the CZ and muttering "Crap, THIS is what I meant to make."

·
Registered
4 Posts
My first post here on my first CZ pistol (also have the excellent .22 bolt action rifle). Carried a Glock 19 for decades and that model served me well twice in harm's way. But, I don't like the sights (aftermarket, of course), don't like the trigger (great concept, questionable execution-aftermarket) and don't like the grip, especially for small hands like mine. Bought a P-10C last week and qualified with it-it is apparently a second generation or such, but the rear plate still gives a little-don't like that. And I don't like MIM locking blocks, striker, etc. BUT...most shootable handgun I've ever used, even better that a Browning P-35. Practically shoots itself, without worry about the mechanics. Maxed out first time on the combat course (flipping timed targets, no shooter movement). A bit concerned about the plate and about the striker (heard tips have broken from a few) and will need to get night sights, but otherwise may be abe to leave it stock for serious carry. Thoughts on the plate or striker tip-maybe aftermarket options-though I don't want to go that route any more than necessary. It's the Glock, refined, and I shoot it better than the Walther and HK offerings, as well.
I have just over 9500 rounds through my P-10F since I bought it last October (2019) which I use for USPSA, which is to say it's been run hard and put away wet. It's been 100% reliable.

I don't know what your concern is with the rear plate. It does nothing but hold the striker from falling out the back of the gun. I give the one on my P-10F and P-10C (which has only a few hundred rounds because it's pretty new) no thought at all.

I clean it once every 1000 - 1500 rounds and I lubricate it with PTFE (Teflon) dry lube so I don't end up with a cake of grease/oil/soot on the frame rails.

I'm a mechanical engineer with over 30 years experience with materials and manufacturing and I'm not concerned at all with the durability of the sintered metal parts in the pistol, including the striker.

What else would you like to know?

I agree with you that the P-10 is very easy to shoot well. It's my favorite CZ.

A P-10C is what I carry every day. Both of my P-10s are Optics Ready models. The F has a Trijicon SRO and the C has a Trijicon RMR. I'll never go back to iron sights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts