CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have your attention, maybe someone knowledgeable could help me.
Honestly though, I have many pistols and always wanted a cz 75. Well I pulled the trigger so to speak and bought one. Here's my issue..
This thing is all over the target! Shooting at around 15 yards, sometimes I'm lucky to hit the paper. Before the jokes start pouring in, I'm a decent shot. I can set a bottle cap on top of a log at the same distance and put a round through it consistently with my 1911. Even my subcompact springfield xd puts out groups much tighter than this thing. I have about 600 rounds through it. Any suggestions? I love this thing aside from the fact I can't shoot tight groups through it.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Now that I have your attention, maybe someone knowledgeable could help me.
Honestly though, I have many pistols and always wanted a cz 75. Well I pulled the trigger so to speak and bought one. Here's my issue..
This thing is all over the target! Shooting at around 15 yards, sometimes I'm lucky to hit the paper. Before the jokes start pouring in, I'm a decent shot. I can set a bottle cap on top of a log at the same distance and put a round through it consistently with my 1911. Even my subcompact springfield xd puts out groups much tighter than this thing. I have about 600 rounds through it. Any suggestions? I love this thing aside from the fact I can't shoot tight groups through it.
Any suggestions?

I have the same issue............. I can shoot excellent with my g19( always tight grouping @10 yds but can't hit the [email protected] 10 yards resting on a stationary table with the P01 ( I love the thing but cant shoot it worth a flip!).

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'll tell you what worked for me... get rid of that damn curved trigger!

Thanks for your reply.
I replaced the sights, grips and- Glad it worked for you. I called CZ customer service they said send it back could be sights. I lent it to a gun club last week and the guy who shot it said 3” groupings at 30 ft. (Offered me $300-what a joke)
Heck must be me! Nevertheless my i shoot my G19 perfect. Thanks again

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for your reply.
I replaced the sights, grips and- Glad it worked for you. I called CZ customer service they said send it back could be sights. I lent it to a gun club last week and the guy who shot it said 3” groupings at 30 ft. (Offered me $300-what a joke)
Heck must be me! Nevertheless my i shoot my G19 perfect. Thanks again
since you are shooting well with your single action 1911 and single action - ish Glock, is the DA/SA transition messing you up? Are you shooting factory ammo, and have you tried more than 1 brand or bullet weight?

·
Registered
3 Posts
since you are shooting well with your single action 1911 and single action - ish Glock, is the DA/SA transition messing you up? Are you shooting factory ammo, and have you tried more than 1 brand or bullet weight?
I had the sights adjusted at a local shop and and also had their folks shoot it. No issues. It was me.
After spending time shooting, I’m getting better groupings. I just need more practice getting on target. I love the cz p01, but all said, it’s easier for me to get on target with the ugly Glock 19.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same issue with my CZ P-01 omega, so I sent it back to CZ for an accuracy check, in where they said it was fine. I then changed my hand grip to a semi-palm grip with a hard right hand pressure and now I shoot bullseyes. I love this gun!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same issue with my CZ P-01 omega, so I sent it back to CZ for an accuracy check, in where they said it was fine. I then changed my hand grip to a semi-palm grip with a hard right hand pressure and now I shoot bullseyes. I love this gun!
I was hitting low and to the left. Before I tried to adjust the windage the range officer offered to try. Three holes in the bullseye, all touching, 10 yards. It was me and since then I have gotted better.

·
Registered
CZ P01 Omega
3 Posts
This is an old post, but...
More than likely it is the trigger pull causing errant shots. It is quite different than a 1911. I suggest getting a laser target "bullet" on Amazon and practice your trigger pulls. OR- If you have the "combat trigger" (the tiny super curved trigger) replace it with a Omega trigger or one like it that will fit your gun. They sell them on Cajun Gun Works website. Figuring it out will be well worth your time.

The P01 is the one of the most accurate "smallish" gun I have ever shot, I have the Omega version which has the slight curve trigger. I got it because it is DA/SA, the safety on 1911's which I have carried for years constantly comes disengaged with constant wear.

And yes- my 1911 is a quality firearm. It is a Dan Wesson and there is nothing wrong with the thumb safety. The CZ P01 is the perfect carry gun for me. Your preference may be different.

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is an old post, but...
More than likely it is the trigger pull causing errant shots. It is quite different than a 1911. I suggest getting a laser target "bullet" on Amazon and practice your trigger pulls. OR- If you have the "combat trigger" (the tiny super curved trigger) replace it with a Omega trigger or one like it that will fit your gun. They sell them on Cajun Gun Works website. Figuring it out will be well worth your time.

The P01 is the one of the most accurate "smallish" gun I have ever shot, I have the Omega version which has the slight curve trigger. I got it because it is DA/SA, the safety on 1911's which I have carried for years constantly comes disengaged with constant wear.

And yes- my 1911 is a quality firearm. It is a Dan Wesson and there is nothing wrong with the thumb safety. The CZ P01 is the perfect carry gun for me. Your preference may be different.
CZ Customs does an excellent trigger job on the CZ75. You should decide before sending if you want the gun converted to a SA only or stay with DA/SA. They can do that. The results are a nice light pull with a crisp break similar to a TSO. You can also have them install a flat trigger if you wish. I had this done and it’s excellent. I would really like to have a TSO style trigger installed but I’m done with the CZ75 work as it is really great at this point. I would not carry it or use it as a home defense weapon as I live in California where any modifications to a firearm that is used in self defense could give a prosecutor a means to harass you as a “gun owner making a gun more deadly”!!

·
Super Moderator
79 Posts
very happy with my P01 Omega. i put the Mcarbo spring kit in it and both DA and SA are very nice now. probably going to change the grips to Lok grips. the stock rubber grips aren't bad though. i find it very accurate at the range.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I bought a used P-01 with Cajun Gun Works packages added -- new trigger added among other things. CGW does very good work.
My practice with a new pistol is to start at 3 yards, 5 yards, 7 yards, 10 yards, 15 yards. I can refine my grip/shooting as I move up; it gives me to shoot; and it doesn't pound my confidence. I have used this for several years now with many firearms. It was quicker with a Shadow 2 than the P-01. (The Shadow 2 is heavier and easier for me.)
HTH

1 - 13 of 13 Posts