CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the P07/P09 hammers and sears surface hardened or fully hardened? Looking to understand how how much the hammer profile can be altered. Primarily interested in reducing DA stacking. I understand that you can easily affect the action's timing tinkering with the sear to hammer hook engagement.. Thks, Larry

· Registered
17 Posts
The fastest way to screw up your gun is by altering the hammer/sear surfaces. It's difficult as it needs precision, knowledge, experience, and patience.

Unless you have all four of those qualities, you're out of your league. Polishing is one thing, alterations are frankly foolish at this point in your ownership.

Many a Bubba has tried what you're considering and turned a useful tool into a pile of crap. You can make a safe pistol dangerous to yourself and others.

This sounds harsh but it may save your life, or, more importantly, someone else's.

· Registered
142 Posts
Are the P07/P09 hammers and sears surface hardened or fully hardened? Looking to understand how how much the hammer profile can be altered. Primarily interested in reducing DA stacking. I understand that you can easily affect the action's timing tinkering with the sear to hammer hook engagement.. Thks, Larry
The DA roller has the biggest effect on DA timing. Outside of a light deburring and polish, leave the sear surfaces alone

· Registered
10 Posts
While I admire you wanting to do things yourself , modifying sear / hammer surfaces is something I have never had to do to get good triggers . I have worked on revolver triggers both SA and DA/SA , striker fired pistols , SA and DA/SA pistols and got improvements on all of them . As stated earlier , tricky at best . A tool is made for it and you can keep a stone in alignment to slowly stone the surfaces. I am a tool junkie and I didn’t buy it . I put a Cajun trigger kit in this one ( the deluxe I think it was $200 something a few years back , came with a hammer ) . DA went from 11 to 7 , SA went from 4 to 3 , but the improvement in smoothness was what impressed me the most . All creep gone . It even shortened the reset in SA . So for me not worth buying the hammer/sear stoning jig , and this coming from a guy who makes everything . I made the comp on this PO-9 . I milled the slide for the dot and milled the dovetail for the rear sight . All on a manual mill .
However , if you do try it , I’m sure a replacement hammer and or sear doesn’t cost that much if you need one . Hopefully this was helpful .
Brown Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts