CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, I shoot with my new CZ P10F about 300 rounds and clean gun after shooting, and I notice this on my barrel, is that normal? View attachment 1208
I’m not sure. Looks a bit like copper but I wouldn’t worry about it. Frankly other than a simple wipe down and some q tip wiping of the feed ramp, rails and chamber I leave the gun alone. I do a true deep Ultrasonic tank clean of my pistols about once per year which would be about 2-3,000 rounds. I rarely run a cleaning rod through the barrels. You may be getting a bit of copper from your cleaning brush or via the cleaning solution taking some off the brush. Pistols are far less needy of barrel cleaning than rifles as they have far lower pressures/ temperatures. I’d back way off the barrel brushing, wiping clean the rails and internals and light cleaning of the chambers is good but I’d ease back on the barrel cleaning. Shoot the hell out of the thing and worry less about the barrel. Competitive practical shooters often don’t clean the barrels often as the act of the copper jacket scrapes most of the lead out. Try doing a deep clean at maybe 2,000 rounds. One thing to do religiously is oil the gun at the start of shooting. Bill Wilson says he may not clean that often but he oils his guns every time he shoots. Oil is what keeps down the wear and helps move any soot away from critical parts - don’t oil the barrel though!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I’m not sure. Looks a bit like copper but I wouldn’t worry about it. Frankly other than a simple wipe down and some q tip wiping of the feed ramp, rails and chamber I leave the gun alone. I do a true deep Ultrasonic tank clean of my pistols about once per year which would be about 2-3,000 rounds. I rarely run a cleaning rod through the barrels. You may be getting a bit of copper from your cleaning brush or via the cleaning solution taking some off the brush. Pistols are far less needy of barrel cleaning than rifles as they have far lower pressures/ temperatures. I’d back way off the barrel brushing, wiping clean the rails and internals and light cleaning of the chambers is good but I’d ease back on the barrel cleaning. Shoot the hell out of the thing and worry less about the barrel. Competitive practical shooters often don’t clean the barrels often as the act of the copper jacket scrapes most of the lead out. Try doing a deep clean at maybe 2,000 rounds.
100% agree

I might do a deep clean every 3000 - 4000 rounds. I do clean the barrel (1 pass with solvent, couple of brush passes, another wet patch, then a couple of dry patches) 1000 rounds or so.

A pistol that's going to not be shot for a while gets a thorough cleaning and lubrication to prevent any rust from forming.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts