CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there significant differences between the two, Shooting wise. The gun construction, tightness and fit, shooting characteristics. Accuracy and reliability, explain in so many ways possible, please..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have two original 9mm TS’s, one 40sw TS and a new Czechmate but I have never shot any of the new TS models. My comments are based on reading specs and photos.
Differences are very minor as follows: slight grip changes, this may make a big thing for some folks. I have massive hands, I mean easily palm a wet basketball sized hands soooo I find that the bigger, fatter grips with the longest possible draw length are good for me. I suspect the frame and grip changes are CZ’s efforts to thin the grip & adjust the angle for more average hands. I find that my Czechmate’s thinner newer style aluminum grips do not fit me as well as the older TS’s. The trigger seems to be the same excellent SA model as used in all of my TS’s and Czechmate. Just a note for you: the fact that these triggers ARE user adjustable for reset length and take up length is rarely mentioned and is a really great feature. The new TS’s have a Fiber Optic front and windage & elevation adjustable sights. The older TS’s and the Czechmate does not. This is a nice feature and I have added Fiber Optic front sights (installed myself, it’s not hard) to both TS’s. Obviously the Czechmate is designed for a frame mounted optic in Open Class but the included minor class barrel set has fixed sights frint and back. Beyond that I doubt there is much in the way of more serious changes - however with pistols small things can make a difference. A big consideration for California residents is the fact that the original TS’s are listed on the state approved handgun roster so you cans new buy one easily IF you can find one. Just a side note: the fixed sights on my TS’s were sighted spot on from the factory. Even fitting new Fiber Optic fronts sights made no difference!! I’ve found no need to make any sight adjustments whatsoever and that is pretty amazing. They really do dial these guns in very well at the factory. .

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have two original 9mm TS’s, one 40sw TS and a new Czechmate but I have never shot any of the new TS models. My comments are based on reading specs and photos.
Differences are very minor as follows: slight grip changes, this may make a big thing for some folks. I have massive hands, I mean easily palm a wet basketball sized hands soooo I find that the bigger, fatter grips with the longest possible draw length are good for me. I suspect the frame and grip changes are CZ’s efforts to thin the grip & adjust the angle for more average hands. I find that my Czechmate’s thinner newer style aluminum grips do not fit me as well as the older TS’s. The trigger seems to be the same excellent SA model as used in all of my TS’s and Czechmate. Just a note for you: the fact that these triggers ARE user adjustable for reset length and take up length is rarely mentioned and is a really great feature. The new TS’s have a Fiber Optic front and windage & elevation adjustable sights. The older TS’s and the Czechmate does not. This is a nice feature and I have added Fiber Optic front sights (installed myself, it’s not hard) to both TS’s. Obviously the Czechmate is designed for a frame mounted optic in Open Class but the included minor class barrel set has fixed sights frint and back. Beyond that I doubt there is much in the way of more serious changes - however with pistols small things can make a difference. A big consideration for California residents is the fact that the original TS’s are listed on the state approved handgun roster so you cans new buy one easily IF you can find one. Just a side note: the fixed sights on my TS’s were sighted spot on from the factory. Even fitting new Fiber Optic fronts sights made no difference!! I’ve found no need to make any sight adjustments whatsoever and that is pretty amazing. They really do dial these guns in very well at the factory. .
Thanks for your input, valuable

1 - 6 of 6 Posts