CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes it is. Some say that dry firing the gun from double action will stress the trigger spring, but from single action there are not issues. I dry fire single and double - no issues.
Dry fire is among the best types of practice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The very best way to do this is to put a thick rubber O-ring over the firing pin at the rear of the slide. If you get the right size O-ring it will stay in place. Then you can dry fire all you want to without fear of breaking or stressing any component. The O-ring takes all of the abuse and the pistol takes none.

Reactions: jmohme

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've been happy with the G-sight laser trainers for my dry fire. You get feedback on where you're hitting from the laser and the app on the phone. They're more expensive than snap caps, but personally I think the feedback is worth the extra cost. I know everyone says it doesn't hurt to dry fire on an empty chamber, and I suppose I agree with it, but it definitely won't hurt to use a minimum of snap caps in the chamber as an extra measure of protection.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been happy with the G-sight laser trainers for my dry fire. You get feedback on where you're hitting from the laser and the app on the phone. They're more expensive than snap caps, but personally I think the feedback is worth the extra cost. I know everyone says it doesn't hurt to dry fire on an empty chamber, and I suppose I agree with it, but it definitely won't hurt to use a minimum of snap caps in the chamber as an extra measure of protection.
I noticed that the G-sight ELMS has a list of guns that they recommend not using it with and the Shadow 2 is on that list. I reached out to them and was told the reason for this was because the force of the firing pin tended to tear through their rubber stopper on the back of the ELMS unit. Have you noticed this? ...because I really want to use it on my Shadow 2 Orange!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I noticed that the G-sight ELMS has a list of guns that they recommend not using it with and the Shadow 2 is on that list. I reached out to them and was told the reason for this was because the force of the firing pin tended to tear through their rubber stopper on the back of the ELMS unit. Have you noticed this? ...because I really want to use it on my Shadow 2 Orange!!
Hi Herbie. I can see some impacts so it's clearly been used but I can't say it's tearing the rubber membrane. Now, I'm not dry firing 1000 rounds per day on them. I figure I have maybe 500 rounds total over a couple of months through my 9mm laser and maybe 150 through the .45. The point is I'm not dry firing every day for hundreds of rounds. I'll try to take some pictures and post. I'm also assuming (we know what happens when you assume...) that if the issue were with all CZ pistols then G-sight would have put the restrictions on CZ as a brand rather than the specific Shadow model. Finally, I thought that the rubber membrane was a replaceable part. I'll have to recheck that with G-Sight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts