CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Winchester FMJ and Wolf
So, the black spring is a black 11 lb and the blue is a 13 lb spring. Neither of these 2 springs will give you 100% on anything but Federal primers. I would try a gold hammer spring, this is a 15 lb spring and it will give you 100% ignition on pretty much any type of ammo. It will not effect your trigger pull on single action and very little on double action. I would try this to start with and if it is not this i can tell you what to do next.

·
Registered
238 Posts
So, the black spring is a black 11 lb and the blue is a 13 lb spring. Neither of these 2 springs will give you 100% on anything but Federal primers. I would try a gold hammer spring, this is a 15 lb spring and it will give you 100% ignition on pretty much any type of ammo. It will not effect your trigger pull on single action and very little on double action. I would try this to start with and if it is not this i can tell you what to do next.

·
Registered
238 Posts
OK, thanks @SPO1SHADOW !
I misread the kit description and thought the 13 lb spring was considered strong enough for reliable function with common ammo. I will get the 15 lb version, then.
It IS in a lot of pistols. Occasionally I run into a pistol that it is not. It depends on stacking tolerances in the gun. It should fire with the Winchester ammo fairly reliably but for the Wolf not nearly so much. If after replacing the hammer spring and you still have an issue please let me know and we can look at some other things but most of the time this will solve that problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.