CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've been around guns my entire life. I own several handguns - Sig, Glock, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, and more. I've never had a CZ nor have I ever shot one. But, I want one!

I want to get a CZ75 9mm. I don't know that much about them but am here to learn. I would like to get a stainless one but a black one will still do just fine. Any recommendations on what variant is a good one? I plan to use it for home defense and occasional carry in my 4Runner and for target shooting.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have two CZ 75 PO1 Compacts. I used to be a Glock/Sig guy, but no longer. I win ammo at the range on a pretty consistent basis when we compete against each other. Can’t recommend the pistols enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been around guns my entire life. I own several handguns - Sig, Glock, Beretta, Smith & Wesson, and more. I've never had a CZ nor have I ever shot one. But, I want one!

I want to get a CZ75 9mm. I don't know that much about them but am here to learn. I would like to get a stainless one but a black one will still do just fine. Any recommendations on what variant is a good one? I plan to use it for home defense and occasional carry in my 4Runner and for target shooting.

I have had over 20 different handguns over the last 50 years and my favorite gun remains my CZ 75 9 mm and I love it. However I just purchased a CZ 75 D Compact PCR 9 mm and I think this is going to be my new favorite. I really like it and would highly recommend you consider this gun. Price was under $700 so reasonable. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
206 Posts

Just my opinion but if you want a CZ 75 that does it all I would suggest either a Shadow or an SP01. These are full sized pistols that lend themselves well to home defense and target shooting. They are heavy enough to be very pleasant to shoot but not so large that they don't carry well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have 3 CS 75 BDs, the CZ 97 in .45, and the 2075 RAMI as my EDC pistol. I love them all. They all shoot tight groups, fit my hands well, and are a pleasure to shoot all day with the full metal frames. My personal variant is the BD with the decocker - it makes loading and holstering that much easier/safer. I think you'll have a hard time finding a stainless version. CZ used to make them but discontinued. Cajun Gun Works is a site that does a lot of custom work on CZs and they'll take your black gun and basically redo it. But you're paying for the cost of another gun to have that done. I'd rather buy an additional gun... Bottom line you'll love whatever CZ you get your hands on.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really like the P07 duty. Nice trigger and is reasonably priced. Lightweight with polymer frame.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up getting a brand new CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical. I love it! It's accurate as all get out and the magazine capacity is great! I keep it clean and the slide rails lubed with TW25b grease. It runs perfect. I was gonna have it Cerakoted but have learned that the factory finish is just as durable and possibly better. Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
14 Posts

1 - 10 of 10 Posts