CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
55 Posts
i am not familiar with the brand but they say made in USA and don't seem super cheap. my CZs usually feed just about anything. do you think it is just 1 box or have you had problems with several boxes?

·
Registered
8 Posts
More info might be helpful. Is it full metal Jacketed, copper plated, lead coated, Hollow point, flat point, round nosed etc. This can make a difference. Nearly any pistol will feed plain old round nosed "ball" rounds. Most modern pistols feed hollow points well also but this can be an issue with some. Does the feeding problem happen with the first round loaded or roughly where in the magazine load? This is critical as part of evaluating magazines. How many different magazines have you tried? Old or new mags? Feed ramp clean? Checking the gun: Feed ramp. it should be nice and smooth, polished feeling when it's clean with no sharp edges top or bottom of the ramp. I would try different mags, they try the mags that failed with round nosed. If you can try these mags with a different pistol, borrow a friends and shoot a few mags? If the feed ramp and gun is clean I would suspect the magazine. Checking the Chamber: "Thunk" test: Take a bullet and drop it into your barrel, it should drop free down into the barrel with a slight thunk sound. If you have to push the round down, then the chamber is too tight FOR THAT AMMO. This doesn't mean the chamber is wrong, try other ammo using this test. If you were shooting a Glock, most ammo will easily pass this test as Glock chambers are looser by design to increase reliability with all ammo (some say at the expense of some accuracy). CZ chambers shouid be right on to SAMI spec. You can have a gunsmith check this very precisely with a super accurate type of plug and micrometer gauges they drop into the chamber. Checking the Ammo: If you have a caliper I would check the diameter of the loaded bullet, case and projectile, Overall Length of the Bullet, length of the case and the bullet also and see if they see SAMI specs fro 9mm Parabelum/Luger. One rare Ammo issue: Check the taper crimp of the case to the bullet. Folks will claim that 9mm has no crimp, this is incorrect. 9mm has a slight crimp to hold the bullet firmly through recoil and feeding. A good taper on 9mm may not be be visible to the eye but you can feel it a little bit running your thumbnail over the finished bullet case mouth (compare it with other 9mm ammo that works well for you) but it doesn't catch your nail. Try pushing the nose of the bullet against a flat wood surface (like your work bench) to see if the bullet moves. If there is a noticeable catch on your nail or especially if the bullet moves at all, the ammo does not have a good crimp and the crimp may be snagging on the feed ramp lip of some pistols. I have run into this problem on straight wall pistol bullets I have reloaded. The cure is to tighten up the crimping die and run all the bullets through the crimping process again. If the bullet checks out within the SAMI minimums and maximums and the crimp is good, then your magazine and/or gun is suspect. If the pistol runs with other ammo you could ask for a refund... good luck with that. OR use it exclusively in another pistol. A really good by product of reloading is that you learn why some bullets don't work well by making mistakes (hopefully minor). Turning out a few hundred f'd up rounds that you have to pull apart and redo is an excellent teacher!! I hope my lengthy reply is helpful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts