CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I just got my new CZ P-01 back from CGW. They did the Pro package, Dawson night sights, 10X bushing and crowned the barrel.

today I took it out and ran 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 124gr fmj down ranger to start breaking it in.

I was just wondering if iy matters if I switch to Blazer 115gr fmj as it鈥檚 on sale now.

First outing not bad. Good grouping as expected but a Failure to feed twice which I must attribute to the mags that came with the weapon as new.
Trigger pull both DA/Sa is a dream.
Is there a specific way to break in a new weapon?

Thanks 馃檹馃檹馃檹

Registered
a Failure to feed twice which I must attribute to the mags that came with the weapon as new.
If you think the pistol needs to be broken in, why do you think the magazines are the reason for the failure to feed? There's about a million other reasons why it could have happened.

I will say if you have to ask how to break in a "weapon" I doubt you know enough to attribute the malfunction to any particular component.

Registered
Not necessarily. FTFs could be caused by something completely unrelated to what CGW was paid to do.
Being that CGW are the experts, I would assume they would have test fired the gun after modifying it and would have noticed a FTF, maybe they have notes on it and just failed to mention it for some reason, after the gun was shipped..

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you think the pistol needs to be broken in, why do you think the magazines are the reason for the failure to feed? There's about a million other reasons why it could have happened.

I will say if you have to ask how to break in a "weapon" I doubt you know enough to attribute the malfunction to any particular component.
Really鈥.? So helpful. I happen to know that a new bushing with tighter tolerance was installed by CGW. This could indeed cause a FTF. CGW does not test fire weapons after work is done.

Registered
Really鈥.? So helpful. I happen to know that a new bushing with tighter tolerance was installed by CGW. This could indeed cause a FTF. CGW does not test fire weapons after work is done.
I can't believe CGW would not test fire the gun after doing a CGW Pro package install. If they don't, I will never send any of my CZ's to them for modifying.

Registered
What what I've been told, the CZ gurus operate an assembly line-type process (figuratively speaking). Pull out, drop in, charge money. That's not to denigrate what they do, but this is not an old gunsmith taking his time to fit, finish, test, and fit some more, then test fire again. This is a turnaround as fast as possible.

I wouldn't blame the magazines though. While it's possible, if they're new CZ mags I doubt it.

Registered
It's not a tighter tolerance. It's a closer fit. The two are not even remotely the same thing.

If you knew there was more friction between the barrel and the bushing, and you knew that was going to slow the slide down until the parts mated up better, and you knew that a slower slide has less energy to overcome the friction of pushing a round into the chamber, why would you think it was the magazines?

I know, you convinced yourself already that OEM magazines are "poor quality"

LOL

Just shoot the thing until it works right. That's how you break in a gun. Extra lube helps, in many ways.

Registered
How much did you shoot the pistol before you decided it needed 'Cajunizing?'

Too many people rush to get modifications without ever having fired the gun. They have no baseline to judge how the gun operates, and then how any modifications may have helped or hurt.

But they're influenced by what all the cool kids are doing and somehow think that will make them better shots and cool themselves.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How much did you shoot the pistol before you decided it needed 'Cajunizing?'

Too many people rush to get modifications without ever having fired the gun. They have no baseline to judge how the gun operates, and then how any modifications may have helped or hurt.

But they're influenced by what all the cool kids are doing and somehow think that will make them better shots and cool themselves.
As fsr as How much I shot the weapon The answer is not very much as the trigger both SA and DA was the worst I have ever experienced. It was not that it was too heavy or had too mych creep鈥 which it did, that Would probably get better with use. It was that the pull in SA was totally inconsistent. One pull it would be almost acceptable then two pulls later it would be much lighter. I figured that I might as well send it to the experts to fix and at the same time get some decent sights on the thing鈥 which I did. I jsve been a pistol / rifle shooter since 1962 and I have owned a lot of iron鈥 just never a CZ.!I really like the P-01. Just have to get the bugs worked out. The 2 mags I got with the new p-01 look totally different than the MecGar I just received. No idea of the manufacture.

Registered
As fsr as How much I shot the weapon The answer is not very much as the trigger both SA and DA was the worst I have ever experienced. It was not that it was too heavy or had too mych creep鈥 which it did, that Would probably get better with use. It was that the pull in SA was totally inconsistent. One pull it would be almost acceptable then two pulls later it would be much lighter. I figured that I might as well send it to the experts to fix and at the same time get some decent sights on the thing鈥 which I did. I jsve been a pistol / rifle shooter since 1962 and I have owned a lot of iron鈥 just never a CZ.!I really like the P-01. Just have to get the bugs worked out. The 2 mags I got with the new p-01 look totally different than the MecGar I just received. No idea of the manufacture.
Why didn't you send it back to CZ first, for warranty work, for free? They would have done a free trigger job and sent it back to you for free.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The attached images are a comparison between a MecHar mag and the Magazines I received with my new P-01. The MecGar Mag is darker in color. When loaded the rounds in the MecGar Mag make no noise when you shake it. The mags that came with the weapon rattle like crazy when loaded. I will test to see if there is any difference in function this coming week.

Attachments

Registered
The attached images are a comparison between a MecHar mag and the Magazines I received with my new P-01. The MecGar Mag is darker in color. When loaded the rounds in the MecGar Mag make no noise when you shake it. The mags that came with the weapon rattle like crazy when loaded. I will test to see if there is any difference in function this coming week.
If you're dissatisfied with the magazines, send them back to CZ USA along with your receipt where you bought the new gun. See what they say. Otherwise, I'm not sure anyone can help you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts