CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
P-09's don't use un-coated aluminum frame rails do they?

I have never known another manufacturer to use aluminum frame rails without some type of coating. If it isn't necessary, why would they add the extra cost?

I can see why cz aluminum frames would be more reliable. If debris gets in between the slide rails and frame rails, the soft aluminum will gouge and allow the pistol to cycle.

·
Registered
50 Posts
P-09's don't use un-coated aluminum frame rails do they?

I have never known another manufacturer to use aluminum frame rails without some type of coating. If it isn't necessary, why would they add the extra cost?

I can see why cz aluminum frames would be more reliable. If debris gets in between the slide rails and frame rails, the soft aluminum will gouge and allow the pistol to cycle.
No, the P-09's slide runs on PLASTIC frame rails.

Which manufacturers and what coatings are you talking about? How soft do you think the aluminum alloy that CZ uses is? Do you even know which aluminum alloy we're talking about?

What's the highest round count of any of your handguns?

I've been a manufacturing engineer for nearly 3 decades. And as an A class (close to M now) USPSA competitor I use my handguns more (much more) than the average guy. How about we get into specifics instead of the generalities and assumptions you're tossing around?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Sig aluminum frame pistols (226, 227, 229 etc.) have the frame rail anodized. Glock use hardened steel frame guides inserts for their frame rails. I just bought a Canik Meta that uses steel insert in the frame rails.

As I have been a toolmaker and cnc programmer for over 3 decades, it would not matter the series of aluminum. You do not run cast aluminum on steel, that is a perfect recipe for galling.

I have a Sig P229 that has over 12k 40 cal. through it and the anodized rails look new. I have a Shadow 2, the P-01 and just bought a rami. I think CZ are a fine shooting guns. I just can’t understand why they would coat everything except the frame rails and inside of the frame.

And yes, the rami will be getting the same E series cerakote as my above p-01!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
It appears the P-09 has two METAL inserts in the frame.

Air gun Trigger Revolver Shotgun Gun barrel

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
If anyone is interested in specific finishes, this is a good reference. One coating that was missed is DLC (diamond like carbon). We use DLC on tooling that experiences hundreds of ton (Tsi) of pressure. DLC is used to prevent or lessen galling. The majority of the work for the DLC coating company we use, comes from the firearm industry.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts