CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am an old-school guy beginning with my first handgun purchase in 1969 with a Ruger Super Single-Six which I still use regularly and still have the box and papers. As I said, I'm old.

Being old, I grew up with revolvers, particularly S&Ws and old model Rugers (pre-transfer bars), and the CZs were the first automatics that I owned that gave me satisfaction in shooting (along with Makarovs).

I still carry CZs with the occasional backup S&W Bodyguard from 1966 in my outer coat pocket. Old habits die hard.

Photograph White Air gun Trigger Black

· Registered
18 Posts
Like you, I am older and I love the JMBrowning Hi-Power design. I moved to polymer-framed pistols but have returned to heavier pistols due to shaking hands. Sig's P320 X-Five Legion was a very good pistol for me because of the weight and the brand. My grandson tried to convince me to try the rental Shadow 2 at the range but I didn't. About a year later I did try the S2 and fell in love with it. For me, the lower bore axis works. My accuracy has improved plus the SA is heavier than the X5 Legion. I have adapted to the shorter slide height and enjoy shooting the S2. I shoot a number of the CZ rental pistols and picked up a P-01 that had the Cajun Gun Works treatment. My grandson is graduating from college and I purchased a Tactical Sport Orange for us to shoot together and as his graduation gift. All the CZs that I own are the best that I have owned. They are truly a cut above the polymer pistols, IMHO.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've given my CZ 75b, 97b, and P-01 Omega the M*CARBO trigger spring kits, as well as polishing the trigger bars, sears, hammers, and firing pin blocks. I reduced the DA pull by an average of 33-36% and the SA by 35-38%. Much smoother pull as well. I'm installing new TruGlo TFXPro sights on them for consistency.

With the exception of the FEG High-Power clone which has turned out to be a nice pistol after doing some polishing of parts and feed ramp, all my semi-autos are CZs, including 82s, and 52s.

It's not that I wouldn't buy another brand (except Glocks) but I find nothing that convinces me that they are better than what I have. I like metal guns.

Good luck to you and have a prosperous New Year.

· Super Moderator
97 Posts
i was a bit late to the CZ game. i have been a ccw'er and target shooter for 25 years. mostly Sig and HK. happened upon a P07 in an LGS and was amazed at how good it felt in my hands. ended up with 2 P07s, a P01 and a P10s. so far.

· Registered
18 Posts
I have problems removing and installing the takedown lever. A LGS salesman showed a P-07 to me. It seemed like a easier (takedown) process while I was in the store so I'm waiting for one to test. The LGS' range doesn't have a P-07 among their rental guns and I don't want to buy one and find that it won't work. With the shaky (and weaker hand), I don't want to buy another pistol that I can't use. On the bright side, the search for a better pistol for me is ever new.
As I said, the lower bore axis is something that works for me. I didn't believe it until I tried it. I am thankful to find these CZ pistols (S2, P-01) and that I can continue shooting.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought my first CZs about 2003, a pair of 82s followed closely by the 75b. The 75b was everything but more than a High-Power in looks, handling, and ability to use any ammo. Then a 97b in 2005.

I purchased a P-01 Omega last year and it's a wonderful pistol too. I'm installing TruGlo TFX sights and recently gave it a trigger spring kit and polishing job reducing DA and SA trigger pull by about 35%, Much smoother now with a crisper release.

I'm not a polymer fan (don't care for Glocks like I don't care for Brussel Sprouts) but if I was the P-07 would be my choice.

The only fault, if it is a fault, is that certain gun sights I'd like to try aren't made for CZs. But I'm content with what is available.

I also have several CZ52s and several thousand rounds of milsurp ammo and Hornady SD loads that are fun to shoot.

A .22 CZ453 Mannlicher is as nice a rimfire and accurate as I could ask for.

If I was still hunting birds, one of the CZ SxS would be in my safe.

That's my CZ story.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts