One shot one kill

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by Elvis, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Elvis

Elvis New Member

During my CCW class this weekend... A wild turkey popped out over a hill beyond the range at a bit over the 110 yard mark. My instructor challenged me to take a shot. I used my p07, sighted up and let one go. Got it right in the breast. Everyone was as speechless as I was. I may have been a lucky shot but ill take it! Everyone in the class will be having a BBQ next weekend !

2. CardiacColt68

CardiacColt68 CZ Rookie

Wow, that sounds like a much more informal CCW class than the one I took. Nice shooting.

3. BluesNBBQ

BluesNBBQ New Member

P series are shooters, but you must be too!! I guess you passed the shooting test ;-)

4. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Nice. Sign 'em up!

5. Windy

Windy Supporting Member Supporter

Can you just shoot a turkey like that? Isn't there a hunting season, hunting license, etc?

6. merlin9

merlin9 New Member

Don't know what kind of instructor you have.....I teach carry classes in Oklahoma, and if that scenario EVER came up, and I had advised my student to take the shot? I'd probably lose my license. Most CCW classes are composed of folks new to the gun world. And depending on the time of year, shooting a turkey without a permit, can get a fine, and possible confiscation of the weapon

7. f2benny

f2benny New Member

Was it attacking?

8. wild_Bill77

wild_Bill77 New Member

Hate it when Turkeys pop up on the range like that. That will teach em!!

9. armoredman

armoredman New Member

Nice shot - guessing it was legal, or you wouldn't be posting about it here. I agree, unprofessional of the instructor, unless this was an informal class with mostly close friends...and still a bit too laid back. But, ignoring all that, nice shot - I doubt I could hit such a small target at 110 yards with my P09 - best I can do is a 9x14 steel target at 50 yards right now. Joe L over on (XXX) forum regularly nails pie plates at 200 yards with his P-09, though...

10. Peter Loewy

Peter Loewy New Member

I hope you cooked that turkey well. My understanding is the wild ones are full of worms and other pestilence.