CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to firearms, and therefore to CZ. But I really like my CZ P-10S, optics ready (though at times, I wish I’d gone for the C instead).

I wish to add optics, and am narrowing the list down to:
  1. Holosun 507C
  2. Crimson Trace RAD Micro Pro
  3. Vortex Viper
I’m retired, and very budget conscious. The pistol is for home defense/carry/range, the all-in-one.

What experience have you had with those models? Any recommendations, for them or others? What to avoid?

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am new to firearms, and therefore to CZ. But I really like my CZ P-10S, optics ready (though at times, I wish I’d gone for the C instead).

1. Holosun 507C
  3. Vortex Viper
I’m retired, and very budget conscious. The pistol is for home defense/carry/range, the all-in-one.

What experience have you had with those models? Any recommendations, for them or others? What to avoid?

Thank you in advance.
Optics on defensive firearms need to work no matter what. None of the ones on your list are anything I would buy. The Vortex and Crimson Trace products are hobby grade. The Holosun 507C is sturdy but has stupid reticles and its auto-brightness feature is worthless (nowhere sensitive enough).

The Trijicon RMR RM07 is about $150 more than the Holosun and it's the gold standard in durability, ruggedness, and ease of use.

PS, I did have a Holosun 507C so my opinion of it is based on user experience and not hearsay.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Optics on defensive firearms need to work no matter what. None of the ones on your list are anything I would buy. The Vortex and Crimson Trace products are hobby grade. The Holosun 507C is sturdy but has stupid reticles and its auto-brightness feature is worthless (nowhere sensitive enough).

The Trijicon RMR RM07 is about $150 more than the Holosun and it's the gold standard in durability, ruggedness, and ease of use.

PS, I did have a Holosun 507C so my opinion of it is based on user experience and not hearsay.
Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts

1. Holosun 507C
  3. Vortex Viper

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Like you, I am relatively new to handguns too. No doubt the previous posters have much more experience and expertise than I. However, I have a Holosun 507c on both my CZ P10c and S&W M&P 2.0 and both work flawlessly and serve my needs, as a novice. I love the P10c as it has the finest trigger in my 10 handgun inventory.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have 2 507k‘s and 2 507c’s, they work great. I like the side loading battery tray, less hassle when it comes to changing batteries. The multi reticle is useless for me since I only use the 2 moa dot, so I should’ve gone with the 407 instead and saved some money.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts