CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve narrowed down my holster choice to the Tier 1 Xiphos V2 and Legacy Firearms Ares. My requirement is to have 2 retention points that can take DCC mod 4 clips and a claw/wing. This will be for appendix carry.

Has anyone tried them? Seems to be the only 2 holsters with that requirement, unless someone has other suggestions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
here is my Tier 1 Xiphos with my PDP4" and a Black Arch for my CZ P10s. the Black Arch is much more comfortable. you can see why in the second photo.
That does looks comfortable, but I’m concerned about the lack of a claw since I’m carrying appendix. My g19, which is the same size as a p-01, prints hardcore when I remove the claw, so the claw is definitely a necessity.

At least now I can eliminate the xiphos. The extra width is unnecessary, I didn’t know it was that wide until I saw the gun in the holster. The Ares doesn’t look that great either.

This one could be an option: https://harrysholsters.com/product/singleton-inside-the-waistband-holster/

Man I wish Henry holsters will hurry up and make a p-01 holster.

·
Super Moderator
79 Posts
That does looks comfortable, but I’m concerned about the lack of a claw since I’m carrying appendix. My g19, which is the same size as a p-01, prints hardcore when I remove the claw, so the claw is definitely a necessity.

At least now I can eliminate the xiphos. The extra width is unnecessary, I didn’t know it was that wide until I saw the gun in the holster. The Ares doesn’t look that great either.

This one could be an option: https://harrysholsters.com/product/singleton-inside-the-waistband-holster/

Man I wish Henry holsters will hurry up and make a p-01 holster.
the adjustable cant looks great on the harrys holster. the back pad would be a nice feature too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Generally I hate IWB holsters. They're uncomfortable and they cause you to sweat, especially in hot weather. I usually wear OWB belt holsters concealed under loose fitting Hawaiian or 5.11 shirts. It works best for me and easily conceals full size all steel pistols and four spare magazines.

However, I have found one IWB holster that I find very comfortable to wear with full size all steel hand guns. That is the StealthGear Ventcore IWB holster. It is like wearing a pillow with your firearm. The holster is made up of a soft, ventilated foam material that rides against the body and provides comfort as well as sweat prevention. The outer shell is made of kydex material that securely holds your firearm in place. If I want to wear an IWB holster, the only one that I will wear is the Ventcore from StealthGear.

Link to StealthGear holsters

Link to StealthGear CZ P01 holsters

1 - 9 of 9 Posts