CZ Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've removed the de cocker on mine and installed the safety. My plan is to rack the slide to put a round in the pipe, de cock, and carry with the safety on. This way, dis engaging the safety will make the first shot similar to a revolver. Are any of you using this method? I carry my Kimber Ultra Carry 45 in condition one, which is also possible with my P-07.
What say you guys?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd use the decocker personally. Can you even put the safety on when the gun is decocked? My preference is to have no manual safety on my guns. YMMV

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, safety will engage. Don't be bashful...if it's not good to carry this way let me know as I'm new to this platform.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I own two CZ 75 duty, both in 9mm. I also own a P09, also in 9mm. ALL have de-cockers....in times of stress, remembering to flip off that safety, might be the difference in life or death. IMHO

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you train to use the safety in such a way then you can do so. The original CZ-75 was the only 9mm pistol that could be carried "cocked and locked" for a long time. The P-07 and P-09 CAN be...but they are designed to be carried and fired from the half cock notch. I'd recommend you try to get used to that style before trying to carry the P-07 on full cock with the safety on. I use almost exclusively decockers, but when my P-07 Duty showed up it had the safety, and positive was not a word I'd use for it's lock up. Of course, that was the very first generation of P-07s, and the person who got it on permanent loan got it in deococker format. :)
Back to training, muscle memory is key. Train and dryfire, train and dry fire, triple checked empty for safety ma d live fire on a range that permits drawing from a holster. If you draw and try to fire a firearm that has the safety engaged, first you look stupid, then you look dead. Avoid looking dead.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts