CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working thru my 09. Installed the trigger springs and hammer etc etc. It is coming together beautifully. I loved the gun when I got it and I am loving it more with each improvement. Slides polished and everything else I can think of. She is shooting ever smaller groups and with the flip suppressor she is easy to handle. My question is "do I have too light of a recoil spring in there from the factory?". I have seen recoil spring kits for a lot of money and Iam not trying to go nuts or broke. I have had a lot of success with hand loads using Sierra ball 115g and 6 grains of Unique. That isn't a light load but it seems smoother than store bought. I just want the slide to cycle the new round and not slam into the stop and contribute to recoil. With all the hand lapping and matching I do I think I start out with a gun that is pretty much broken in. Can anyone give me info on what spring I need and a good source? Is what I am doing called "Tuning the pistol?".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.