CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am Sending my CZ P-01 to Cajun GW for their Pro Package / Dawson night sights.

My questions are:

1. Is their 10X barrel bushing upgrade worth doing?

2. What weight SA & DA trigger pull would you suggest for range and carry?

3. How good are the Dawson white outline night sights? Frankly anything would be better than the OEM sights on the gun.

Thanks,

Rich

· Registered
142 Posts
I am Sending my CZ P-01 to Cajun GW for their Pro Package / Dawson night sights.

My questions are:

3. How good are the Dawson white outline night sights? Frankly anything would be better than the OEM sights on the gun.

Thanks,

Rich
1. Not, IMO, for a carry gun

2. Instead of focusing on the actual force to pull the trigger, focus on a set of springs that will 100% light off every primer that you intend on using. I would put the question to CGW like that and let them guide you. The answer to mastering a double action trigger isn't a low weight. It's a correct grip on the handgun, including the reach to the trigger, pulling the trigger in one constant motion (not staging it), and strengthening your hands if needed.

3. Can't help you there. I gave up iron sights for reflex optical sights on all of my handguns.

· Registered
10 Posts

My questions are:

Thanks,

Rich
I put their deluxe trigger kit in my P-09 . DA went from 11 to 7 . SA went from 4 to 3 . But the smoothness and crispness it added was the most impressive part of all . Not even to mention their customer service, which is top notch.

· Super Moderator
97 Posts
i put the Mcarbo kits in my 2 P07s and P01. it consisted of springs and polishing some mating surfaces with Flitz. as stated in a previous response, the change in weight for both Da and SA was significant. the change in smoothness was also significant. post treatment, all triggers felt like they were on well broken and cared for handguns. for reference, my new HK P30sk (LEM V1 trigger) has a DAO trigger of 6lbs and is super smooth. i feel super comfortable carrying a 6lb DA trigger. i don't carry my CZs cocked and locked because i have them set up for the decocker as opposed to the safety.

· Registered
10 Posts
I sent the slides from my CZ 75B stainless and CZ 75 Pre B to them to have night sights installed. I'm happy. I was considering sending my P01 to them to have the trigger pull lightened, but, instead bought a new P01 SDP from CZ Custom. It's makes the regular P01 feel like a crude Ruger with their heavy, rough trigger pulls. Trigger is much lighter and much smoother. Making for better accuracy. And it has the magazine brake designed for drop free magazines as well as night sights. It's expensive, but, worth every penny. I had Barsto Barrel fit one of their match grade threaded barrels to it. Trigger pull is between 3.5 to 4 lbs and is perfectly suitable for EDC.

· Registered
3 Posts
1. Not, IMO, for a carry gun

2. Instead of focusing on the actual force to pull the trigger, focus on a set of springs that will 100% light off every primer that you intend on using. I would put the question to CGW like that and let them guide you. The answer to mastering a double action trigger isn't a low weight. It's a correct grip on the handgun, including the reach to the trigger, pulling the trigger in one constant motion (not staging it), and strengthening your hands if needed.

3. Can't help you there. I gave up iron sights for reflex optical sights on all of my handguns.
Dude, your point #2 is a lesson on how to approach CZ trigger/hammer mods. It put things into perspective for me. Thx.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts