Really Impressed with the SP01...

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by kevinfromwebb, Feb 5, 2014.

1. kevinfromwebb

kevinfromwebb New Member

I bought a new SP 01 a couple of months ago and I'm really impressed with it... All I've shot out of it so far is 115g and 124g hardball... Haven't had a hiccup and I've got a few hundred rounds so far... Personally I like the ambi safety and the stock night sights... It's big and heavy for a 9mm but it shoots very accurately and low felt recoil...
    I've got a couple of older CZs, 70 and 82... A friend I go to the range with has one of the compact 75s and the ergos are just great... I'm mainly a Glock or Kel Tec guy when it comes to carry and house guns due to their simplicity but the CZ just shoots so good I couldn't resist... As for accuracy the SP 01 is what I can shoot best with...
    I had picked up and handled an PO 1 at a gun show a few months ago and the grip and feel were just right... I did a bit of research and picked the SP 01 and found one at the next gun show... Bigger and the same familiar grip, sold...
    A few weeks later I saw a PO 2 at the gun show... Like I said, I like the safety over the decocker... I didn't pick the PO 2 up and they had sold it the next week... They said they would get one before the next gun show in a couple of weeks and if they're true to their word I'll be taking one home... If not I'll have to order one online...
    One more comment and question: the friend that has the compact only has a couple of 10 rounds mags, it was an older gun... I had told him I had been told that the newer mags would work also... When we were shooting I put in the mag from the SP 01 and it worked well... Just like putting a glock 17 mag in a glock 19... The question: the PO 2 has the omega trigger, will it feel much different than the SP 01 trigger???
    Thanks, Kevin
  2. Easy CZ

Easy CZ Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Hey, Kevin. Congrats on your SP-01. Those are beautiful firearms.

I frequently use full-size CZ75 mags in my Compact. They're great for reloads.

Welcome to CZ Talk.

3. kevinfromwebb

kevinfromwebb New Member

I answered my own question Wednesday at the range... I picked up the PO-2 last weekend and took it and the SP-01 to the range...
    The Omega trigger in the PO-2 felt just a bit smoother, lighter, and seemed to break a bit cleaner than the SP-01... Not a lot of difference but it's there...
    Both completely stock guns... And both highly recommended...

4. Bidah

Bidah New Member

Yes, the Omega trigger will feel better out of the box. Get some trigger parts and you can really make the SP-01 sing a different tune.
  5. oldfrank

oldfrank New Member

My results with the SP-01 too. A great,great gun.

I have modified mine to be very close to a Shadow and out of probably 3000 rounds, I have never had a jam, misfeed, or any failures at all.
    I did have to go to an oversize safety as I could not reliably release the safety without shifting my grip.
  6. larryflew

larryflew New Member

Little work into that SP01 and you will have an awesome gun. Like Frank I upgraded until the only thing missing to be an SP01 Shadow (also have) is the adjustable trigger reset. 3.5 trigger on the Shadow and 4 on the other.
  7. robertk7

robertk7 Junior Member

omega trigger observations

I also like the omega trigger smoothness out of the box but the reset out of the box SA is quite long even compared to the regular trigger. I was surprised it was so long, clean and crisp but long. I think CGW has something for it but don't own one to work with.