CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good tips.

Only one I would not agree with fully is number 1. I carry a glock 17 and I have no issues keeping it concealed. I have forgotten it was their it isn't that big or uncomfortable.

I would add don't change your carry all the time. If you keep changing the pistol your more likely to get them mixed up when you need it.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Another thing to consider is dry fire practice. Drawing from a concealed holster is not always easy, especially with tuckable holsters. I totally destroyed a shirt trying (and failing) to develop that skill. I still CC sometimes, but not tucked.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I carry situational, and seasonally.

Meaning, if its hot and I'm wearing lighter clothes, I pocket carry the P3AT in an Uncle Mikes #4. I can do front or back pocket, it works both ways, but I usually do rear pocket, as I carry nothing else there, ever. The front often has work keys or a knife in it.

But if I am going somewhere more sketchy, even in the heat, I carry a higher capacity gun, either a CZ82 or an XD-C, with spare mags. I carry them IWB, though I could do OWB.

In the winter, under jackets, I might carry heavier guns OWB, could be the 1911, or a Makarov. Also, several of my jackets have an exterior chest pocket, with a vertical zipper, where I can carry the P3AT with no issues.

Why mix it up, you ask?

I'm not a gunslinger, I don't anticipate having a QuickDraw contest. I seriously doubt any criminal is going to be challenging me that way, they will either attack me without warning, meaning any move on my part is probably too late, or they will be talking to me and demanding compliance, in which case, I have time to make a move. So I'm not that worried about total muscle memory and reaction times.

Here's my thought on it. I am never, ever, totally isolated, except maybe in a restroom. Even then, someone could walk in at any moment.

Since there is ALWAYS the possibility of witnesses, I simply cannot imagine anyone coming at some fat old guy with a beat up old truck (me) trying to rob me at gun point.

I don't walk down dark alleys. I don't wait until everyone else has left the theater to go out to my car with my wife and kid. I don't walk past gathered guys that look sketchy, and I don't go to the ATM at midnight.

Seriously, if someone wants to rob me, it's going to be daylight in the busy Walmart parking lot, or breaking into my house.

So, my reason for carrying isn't really my own Self defense. It's more about preparedness, and the exercise of a right.

Point being, everyone has priorities and situations, and none of them are the same as anyone else's. We cannot decide or judge what's right or wrong, better or worse, unacceptable or ridiculous for each other.

It's a personal thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Dockers, relaxed, one size larger let’s you pocket carry a Glock 23, without being noticed. The key, as that dude in yt stated, is to forget about it- dont touch it, feel it, obsess over it.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.