CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my first cz. The SP 01 tactical 89153 model.
Brand new 2021 , It came with a red fiber optic front site and the green luminescent on the rear .
My question , should I have a fiber optic on the front ? Not complaining ,just wondering .

·
Registered
52 Posts
that doesn’t look like something that would be factory stock? If a F/O front is correct, the style itself doesn’t look right - the deep undercut makes it look so “delicate” relative to how robust this model is. If you don’t like it, I would be asking some questions. Call CZ customer service and see what they say.
Keep us updated

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Glad you said that . I was wondering if the gun shop might have changed it ,not nowing why they would. It does look pretty wimpy ,but I'm not crazy about the luminescent rear ones either. I have to put a flashlight to them just to charge them and they don't last very long.
I think I'm just going to replace them with something more appropriate to my old eyes . Maybe the EZD 940. Im still looking for any ideas.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SP01 tactical should’ve came with meprolight tritium night sights from the factory
There are two model numbers for the SP -01 Tactical. 89153 and 91153
The 89153 should come from the factory with the luminescent night sights. Which model do you have ?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the Mepro’s are relatively new for the SP-01s. I wish they would have had them when I got my SP-01 tactical…..the luminescent sights are awful for my old eyes. the EZDs would be a big upgrade. If you want to spend more, I highly recommend the Truglo TFX series. Night Fision are the brightest sights I have, but they only make them for the P-07, 09, and P10 models

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am considering contacting cz and see if they will take my slide and install the sights that should have come on my tactical. I'm not really happy with the front fiber optic sight and the rear sights just don't stay charged long enough in the dark . I have looked at the TruGlo and yes you are right by saying they are about the best for night vision.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think the Mepro’s are relatively new for the SP-01s. I wish they would have had them when I got my SP-01 tactical…..the luminescent sights are awful for my old eyes. the EZDs would be a big upgrade. If you want to spend more, I highly recommend the Truglo TFX series. Night Fision are the brightest sights I have, but they only make them for the P-07, 09, and P10 models
Well I bought my SP01 tactical almost 6 years ago and it came with meprolight tritium sights

·
Registered
47 Posts
I am considering contacting cz and see if they will take my slide and install the sights that should have come on my tactical. I'm not really happy with the front fiber optic sight and the rear sights just don't stay charged long enough in the dark . I have looked at the TruGlo and yes you are right by saying they are about the best for night vision.
The sights on yours looks like what comes on a manual safety SP01

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I bought my SP01 tactical in 2015 and it had mepro tritiums on it so🤷🏻‍♂️
Mine is a 2021 model... I did contact cz by E-mail and was told because of the shortage of parts that maybe they just grabbed what was available and that's how I got the fiber optic front sight

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Has any one seen a front site, like the one that came from the factory on my so 01 tactical. I have looked high and low trying to find anything like it. Can't find it on any of the factory CZ's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Do either look like mine ,. See how the rear of it is raised from the slide? Most that I have seen are a solid base.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just noticed a front sight from a SP 01 shadow that looks pretty close to what I have on mine . It also had a manufacture date of 2021. Can anyone that has a new shadow confirm the front sights.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts