Thoughts about CZ 75 SA

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by Paulinus, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Paulinus

Paulinus New Member

I have long had a preference for single action pistols (1911, BHP), but have been impressed by the quality and value of the CZ 75. I am wondering what wisdom or experience forum members have had with the Single Action version of the CZ 75. Thanks.

2. boutaswell1

boutaswell1 New Member

Just picked mine up today. Went to the range, cleaned it, and fired of 100 ends with nary a problem. The only thing for me, small hands, the safety is a stretch. Old eyes, I got to get some fiber optics. Other than that, I'm as happy as a pig in slop. I bought a Blackhawk holster since that is what I use for my 1911.

Sent from my LG G2 via Tapatalk

3. Ceapea

Ceapea New Member

Buds has them now for $522!
    I have a 75 TS in 9mm. I love this gun!! But, even though I have large hands, XL gloves, I find the grip a bit large. Just a bit. I do have problems reaching and activating the thumb safety. Mine is pretty tough to move with just the tip if my thumb. I'm hoping that it will break in a little with more use. Hey, like some people dry fire their guns to break in the trigger, maybe I should "dry safety" my TS!

4. hoser

hoser New Member

75SA vs 75B

So what's the advantage of the SA version over the B, which can also be used SAO? Sorry, I'm a newbie to CZ and this is my first post!

5. mgardner

mgardner New Member

6. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Hoser, there is no advantage of the SA 75 over the DA/SA model just personal preference.

7. Philco

Philco New Member

This would be reason enough for me to opt for the DA/SA version. Hey wait, I already did that ! :)

8. Redsoxwa

Redsoxwa Member

I've had a sweet 75SA as cistomized by CZ-USA.

It was a .40 and would shoot cloverleaf [email protected] yards.

Sold it to get a 97B with CZ-USA custom work that shot as good.

It had an SA trigger in it at one time..

[​IMG]

Now I'm wondering if a OMEGA conviertible with the sexy new trigger would have
    any backlash in 9mm?

The P-01 Convertible appeals to me, as does the 75 Convertible.

I would carry either cocked and locked.

9. mgardner

mgardner New Member

Call Stuart at the CZ Custom Shop here in Mesa, Az and ask. They can build you about anything. If you are in the area you can stop in and play with all their sample guns in the showcase and order one.
    Mark

480-969-1311

10. Unclefudd

Unclefudd New Member

I have a SA CZ and a few DA/SA 75Bs and 75 compacts in DA/SA. Also have some TZs.
    I had a holster guy make an inside the pants, holster and carry my SA almost exclusively now.
    I have carried and shot the 1911 Colts and Springfields for nearly 50 yrs and didn't think I would ever change. But my SA CZ has changed my mind for sure.

I shoot it several times a week at my place in the mountains and have nearly 4,000 rounds through it using my own loads and never had a single glitch of any kind, YET!

The difference to me or for me is the speed and accuracy of the first shot and then the accuracy of the follow-up shots. Nothing that I shoot or have shot compares. For what its worth.

I don't shoot competition any more and haven't for 15 years but practice a lot. I am too old for fast draw so when I talk about speed it is merely my own draw (safely) and as quickly while moving as I can and this pistol is simply the best ever for me.
    I have taught self defense shooting for civilian and LEOs for more than 30 yrs and try always and wherever possible to have the students move and shoot. Everyone knows or should know you WILL NOT be standing still during a gunfight.
    Even at my age I am still nearly as quick and usually more accurate than most of my students including the young officers. I give most of the credit to this pistol for it's simplicity.

UF

11. Ceapea

Ceapea New Member

12. mgardner

mgardner New Member

The original rocker or extended safeties were standard safeties that had material added to them by welding then grinding to shape. Go to a local gunsmith or welding shop and see if he can and see if they can duplicate the profile for a lefty.