Tried a Scorpion yet?

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by armoredman, Mar 22, 2015.

1. armoredman

armoredman New Member

It looked just plain neat the first time I picked it up. Of course, I had about 10 seconds to take a quick snap before I had to head out the door, btu there it was. Bad picture, neat gun.

[​IMG]

It was very cool getting used to some of the features - I moved the hand stop back to try for a more magazine oriented hold.

[​IMG]

I tried like heck to figure out the bizarre single point sling, and decided for the first range trip it would stay home. But first, it needed cleaning, and an easier to field strip pistol I had never met. Lock the bolt back, pop the pin, pull the trigger assembly out...

[​IMG]

Push bolt back and lift out...

[​IMG]

Neat.

[​IMG]

But how does it shoot?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015
  2. armoredman

armoredman New Member

One way to find out.

[​IMG]

Kept the range to 20 yards, figured that was about right for a handgun like this while getting used to it. Started off the bench. BTW, one disappointment, had nothing to do with the gun. The NEBO rail mounted light wouldn't stay on, needed to be tightened every 10 rounds. The other one I have on the P-09 stays on much better. Darn shame, neat light.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It had one odd hiccup that over time seems to have worked itself out - once in a few magazine loads it would lock back on a mag with rounds remaining. Break in seemed to have gotten rid of that tendency. The bolt hold open is dirt easy to use - the charging handle could do with about 1/2 inch more extension for this fat old man, but I could still use it well. Everything went where it was supposed to go. But one thing was painfully obvious - that right side safety selector lever HAD to go! Made for a bent arm submachine gun grip, it dug painfully into my trigger finger on every shot. CZ-USA said they have something in the works, but not ready yet. I did get the wild sling attached to one of the seemingly 600 sling attachments on the gun, but it just didn't look right...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next came something that almost reduced a gunsmith friend of mine to tears - a hacksaw blade and a small file. I don't think I did TOO badly!

[​IMG]

I will say this, it is MUCH more fun to shoot now. But, the setup evolves - it has too, too much room to play with!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2015

3. armoredman

armoredman New Member

It worked well with cast bullet loads.

[​IMG]

It likes XTPs...

[​IMG]

Standing using the single point sling like I imagine it would be used gave me some good groups, (in my mind), with this pistol. By this time I had stripped the TRS-25 red dot I had on my vz-58 and moved it to the Scorpion - when it gets just right it will be the "rapid response" firearm.

Did I mention it seems to like XTPs?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm hooked, and now we've change the mix again...added some rail covers, which help, and discovered that I would REALLY like a forward hand grip - the handguard seems to keep bumping my left hand when used in the wrap around extended arm hold. Maybe I'm just a wuss, too. :D Found what I feel is the right lenght for the sling, taped off the excess, and away we go!!!!

[​IMG]

BTW, in case I didn't mention it - this thing is a HOOT to shoot!

[​IMG]