trigger slap on SAO with straight trigger

Discussion in 'CZ Pistol Forums' started by John1125, Sep 13, 2017.

1. John1125

John1125 New Member

Hello,

I have a question , I get just a little trigger slap on a straight trigger in my 75b . It is one of the triggers sold by CGW . I went with a little stiffer recoil spring and it may have helped some . Just wondering if there is any cure for this ?

My Loads are 124 FMJ from RMR with 3.8 grn of titegroup . I don't feel this is a terribly hot load . Running a 9 lbs. hammer spring ,with reduce return spring.
    CGW race hammer and sear .

Thanks ,

Kirk

2. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

Why are you using such a light hammer spring on a SAO?

3. SPO1SHADOW

SPO1SHADOW Member

I'd say Earl is on to something. With a lighter recoil spring and a 9 lb hammer spring the slide velocity is really honking in recoil. i would try at least a 13 lb hammer spring to see if it doesn't go away completely with your heavier recoil spring. You should not be able to tell much if any difference in the trigger let off. It will probably feel crisper with a slightly heavier hammer spring.

4. John1125

John1125 New Member

I was using the light hammer to get the lightest trigger let off , Now I did put a heavier recoil in to slow things down , but I would have to look for sure I think it is a 17 lbs recoil spring - I think . I will give the heavier hammer spring a try .

I have noticed that the trigger break does actually feel somewhat crisper with a slightly heavier hammer spring.

Thank you gentlemen ,

Kirk

5. Earl_Keese

Earl_Keese Member

The lightest hammer spring I have in a SAO is a 13lb. In my Kadet I have an OEM hammer spring for reliable primer strikes. Both guns have reduced power trigger return springs and are identical otherwise. Both have 2.5lb pull weights.

6. cntrydawwwg

cntrydawwwg New Member

I gotta go with Earl on this. The hammer spring for the most part affects DA. At the very least throw in a heavier HS and see if you can rule it out as the culprit. JMO.