CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner

TSO vs. TSO

4K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  5577 
#1 ·
Hey guys...I don't know much about CZ's I just know that I want one. I rented a dirty-ass, beat up, old Shadow2 and this thing was absolutely flat out, lights out amazing! I want one now...but I want the TSO with the orange mag release. I've been looking at cz's website for the past month and that is what I've been seeing. Well I almost get into an argument with my LGS clerk because NOW cz's website must have updated or something and the TSO has this God-awful extended mag release and it doesn't say "Orange" on the grip. I don't care about the writing on the grip but I want that mag release. Which one is the updated version and which is better? Can I get the adjustable mag release?

#6 ·
Well like I said there’s a TSO 2 that’s SAO, and there’s also a Shadow2 SAO, and there’s a TSO orange none of them have a colored mag release but I’m sure you can get one. And if your buying it for competition the extended mag release will probably come in handy or just install a lower profile one

#7 ·
You're saying there's a 'Tactical Sport ORANGE 2'. There is not. I think the Tactical Sport 2 (with the blue grips) that you're referring to is a different gun altogether in that the frames are different. The ORANGE feels slimmer than the BLUE. The ORANGE is an upgraded model.. we're not talking just a color change here. I've seen two different versions of the ORANGE model with the magazine release being the obvious difference. I just want know if both ORANGE versions are different besides the mag release. Are the frames really the same? Are the slides 'fitted' to the frames in both versions? etc. etc.

#8 ·
No I’m not saying there is a TSO2 it’s a TS2 is the the tactical sport 2 with blue grips and is a new design with slide serrations like a Shandow2 There is only 1 TSO orange and there’s always been just 1 TSO orange. The only other one they’ve introduced is the Shadow2 orange. The TS2 has the angle cut slide like a Shadow2 and doesn’t have the gas pedal built into the frame like the TSO does. The TS2 is like a TSO(orange) and a Shadow2 had a baby together.

#18 ·
I find the TSO[range] is a "tighter pistol than the Shadow 2. The tolerances are tighter with the barrel bushing, etc. The TSO is a smoother trigger pull out of the base.
The TSO also has a lighter trigger than the Shadow 2 out of the box.
Cajun Gun Works has fewer parts for the TSO than for the Shadow 2 which implies (or I infer) that the TSO is a "step up" all around.
The TSO and Shadow 2 use different magazines.
The TS2 (Tactical Sport 2) and the TSO (Tactical Sport Orange) are more similar than the TSO and the Shadow 2. I prefer the TS2 and shoot the Racing Green model.
I have shot the Cajunized Shadow 2 with CZ-Parts' 1.5mm, green fiber, front sight and the stock TS2 RG is a better shooter (more accurate, easier pointing, etc.).
Big Difference!
IMHE/IMHO/HTH

#13 ·
I can hold my own. I wonder if the SAO trigger is better on a TSO than a DA/SA when shooting it in SA. The TSO also has a 'fitted' slide and frame. I just want something for fun that's accurate. I don't really compete that much officially but my buddy has a type of 'Hogan's Alley' thing going on on his property...make-shift buildings with bad guys. Big fun.

#14 ·
Yes the SAO trigger is gonna be better than a DA/SA gun in SA how much better I’m not sure, I just know for me personally I don’t really need something better than my shadow 2 I just feel it’s perfect right from the factory I know you can trick them out also but I’m not going to because it’s not necessary. But for that matter I haven’t touched the trigger on any of my CZ pistols so.