CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought the pistol new earlier this month. the factory DA/SA trigger was a little rough and stiff. after putting the Mcarbo kit, steel guide rod and some fiber optic sights it is really coming together. the trigger is much easier and much smoother now. debating on whether to put some Lok grips on it. i don't have the factory grips but they are different for sure. hit the range today to check and adjust the sights. this is 10 rounds of Norma 124 at 21'.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i usually practice at the more SD related distance of 7 yards but will try the extended distances the next time i have the P01 at the range. do you all normally shoot your SD handguns at 15 and 25 yards?

·
Registered
109 Posts
do you all normally shoot your SD handguns at 15 and 25 yards?
Yes. Elisjha Dicken had to plug a mass killer starting at 40 yards and ending up around 20 - 25 where he finished him off.

The two foundational drills that I always run with all my handguns (competition or self defense, doesn't matter because my carry guns are the midsize version of my comp guns) are the doubles drill and the practical accuracy drill. I do both drills at various distances, reaching out to 45 yards (the longest pistol bay at my club).

Here's an example of the doubles drill which can be done at any distance you want, the only variable being the split times:

Here's an example of practical accuracy (or reactive shooting as some call it because you trigger each shot in reaction to a good enough sight picture)

I hardly ever shoot for "groups". Such shooting has little relevance to practical shooting or skill development.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes. Elisjha Dicken had to plug a mass killer starting at 40 yards and ending up around 20 - 25 where he finished him off.

The two foundational drills that I always run with all my handguns (competition or self defense, doesn't matter because my carry guns are the midsize version of my comp guns) are the doubles drill and the practical accuracy drill. I do both drills at various distances, reaching out to 45 yards (the longest pistol bay at my club).

Here's an example of the doubles drill which can be done at any distance you want, the only variable being the split times:

Here's an example of practical accuracy (or reactive shooting as some call it because you trigger each shot in reaction to a good enough sight picture)

I hardly ever shoot for "groups". Such shooting has little relevance to practical shooting or skill development.
good point. If you can shoot accurately at long distance, you certainly will be able to be accurate at short distances. Nice videos also! thx.

·
Registered
42 Posts
just shot my CZ PCR with newly installed Truglow night sights and at 25yrds was getting mostly 4 inch goupings, with an occasional bullseye, as well as an occasional veered off shot, on a 16" square target

·
Super Moderator
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just shot my CZ PCR with newly installed Truglow night sights and at 25yrds was getting mostly 4 inch goupings, with an occasional bullseye, as well as an occasional veered off shot, on a 16" square target
nice! i ended up with Truglo sights on my P01. i'll probably get a set of Lok palm swell grips to try out too. i like the rubber grips but am curious about the Lok grips.

·
Registered
109 Posts
can you recommend a timer? i have been looking at the Pact but there are several others. thx.
AMG Commander is supposed to be the top of the line. Super durable.

I've been using a CED 7000 for several years and it's never let me down. I like the fact that it has an actual menu when changing things like par times, delays, sensitivity, etc, instead of scrolling through a million things to get to where you want to.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts