CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Yes. Elisjha Dicken had to plug a mass killer starting at 40 yards and ending up around 20 - 25 where he finished him off.

The two foundational drills that I always run with all my handguns (competition or self defense, doesn't matter because my carry guns are the midsize version of my comp guns) are the doubles drill and the practical accuracy drill. I do both drills at various distances, reaching out to 45 yards (the longest pistol bay at my club).

Here's an example of the doubles drill which can be done at any distance you want, the only variable being the split times:

Here's an example of practical accuracy (or reactive shooting as some call it because you trigger each shot in reaction to a good enough sight picture)

I hardly ever shoot for "groups". Such shooting has little relevance to practical shooting or skill development.
good point. If you can shoot accurately at long distance, you certainly will be able to be accurate at short distances. Nice videos also! thx.

· Registered
60 Posts
just shot my CZ PCR with newly installed Truglow night sights and at 25yrds was getting mostly 4 inch goupings, with an occasional bullseye, as well as an occasional veered off shot, on a 16" square target

1 - 5 of 5 Posts