CZ Firearm Forums : CZTalk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new P-01 came with two mags which I find to be not as smooth as I am used to.
I have seen other CZ mags with different colored followers. I was wondering if you might be able to recommend a better quality mag and the best place to purchase it?
Thanks

· Super Moderator
97 Posts
i have CZ branded MecGar and MecGar branded mags that work great in my P01. i tried a couple of Promag branded mags for my P07s and 1 would not eject properly. sent that one back. i would recommend CZ and/or MecGar for sure.

· Registered
17 Posts
My new P-01 came with two mags which I find to be not as smooth as I am used to.
I have seen other CZ mags with different colored followers. I was wondering if you might be able to recommend a better quality mag and the best place to purchase it?
Thanks
Just curious. What do you mean not as smooth? I've never used anything other than CZ and Meg-Gar mags and never had a problem.

· Registered
142 Posts
Thanks
Do they not drop free? CZ OEM magazines work just fine and nobody who actually uses their handguns cares about how they feel or what they look like.

· Registered
18 Posts
Thanks
MecGar is the best that I have found.
GunMagWarehouse.com

Another CZ user told me that Colt is now making the magazines that come with new CZs. He thought they were inferior to the previous CZ (european) mags.
(CZ purchased Colt and now the company is Colt-CZ from what I hear. I assume that CZ will transfer manufacturing to the USA as others have done.)

· Registered
142 Posts
MecGar is the best that I have found.
GunMagWarehouse.com

Another CZ user told me that Colt is now making the magazines that come with new CZs. He thought they were inferior to the previous CZ (european) mags.
(CZ purchased Colt and now the company is Colt-CZ from what I hear. I assume that CZ will transfer manufacturing to the USA as others have done.)
Did you ask him what proof or evidence does he have that CZ magazines are now made at Colt? Most people don't have actual knowledge of their favorite gun company's internal operations.

CZ already has had a US manufacturing operation in KS City, KS. They make the Optic Ready versions of all the P-10 models there. All three of mine say Made in the USA in the box, do not have a serial number on the slide or the barrel (like Czech made guns do), nor are they engraved Made in the Czech Republic.

· Registered
142 Posts
Newsflash: most gun companies don't make their own magazines, not anymore anyway.

Gun companies are businesses and manufacturing businesses over the last 30 years all have taken a hard look at what their core competencies are. In many cases firearm makers have decided that sheetmetal stamping (how magazines are made) isn't one of their core competencies and have subcontracted magazine production to companies that specialize in that.

Before anyone goes "but outsourcing = bad QA", stop. I've worked in manufacturing my entire life in both OEMs and subcontractors. That's not how this works.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts